when the sky caves in...

Old 08-16-2005, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb when the sky caves in...

what do you do when the sky falls in?
when your fears come true?
when your life falls apart?
when your dreams are shattered and you cant see tomorrow?

when your lifes purpose is lost, when you cant realise what youve always wanted, when it was nothing but an illusion and you feel alone and that suicide is an option. maybe this is the first step. all my bridges have been burnt by my current situation and im in a storm and i dont know what to do.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

Wow, Utopia, I can really feel the pain you are experiancing. I can't say much as I am in great pain as well. But I can say that I try to get through just today. I try not to worry about tomorrow or yesterday. Yes, looking back to learn patterns of mistakes and looking forward to hope for a better tomorrow is important. But when I am really down and in survival mode I live only for today.

I close my eyes, breath deeply into my chest, and ask my HP to provide unconditional love for my inner boy. I stroke my inner boy and reassure him that I will not hurt him any longer. Then I look at how far I have come and see that "this too shall pass".

All my love to you,
Old 08-18-2005, 10:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

when the sky caves in...it will finally land on the earth.

thank u for post.

i realised i hadnt prayed the serenity prayer enough and had been blinded by fear and anxiety to the love of my higher power. im starting to calm down with a lot of recovery meetings and reprocess my thoughts,
god sent me a new place to live finally and i can see some merit at what ive struggled with the past months. i think im losing the doubt and pretense of believing in a greater power. im really relishing the second step. in coming to believe in a power greater than myself and that it can restore me to sanity. its like the footprints tale, even though i was angry and bitter at god i was really angry with the situation which was not in my control. and there is still that loving force there which im getting closer to again.
when the sky caved in. i lost everything.but hope remains and god is bigger then alcoholism and any ism, so i can have faith again that god is forever going to catch my sky when it caves in, if it caves in again.