Hi friends! It has been 8 days today

Old 08-15-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi friends! It has been 8 days today

It has been 8 days since AH went to rehab. I went to vivit for 2 hours on Sat. He looks so good- I told him It felt like a year since I had seen him, well it has been a year or more since I have REALLY seen him- sober. It was so nice.
He is only allowed to stay at the facility for 14days. He was in long term there a18 monthes ago- so they let him stay 14 days and then set him up with a rigoruos outpatient program.
Here is were it gets complicated. I am TERRIFIED. scared to death of what will happen when he gets out. Look- I know he went to rehab- on his own to get help- GREAT!!!
But friends- this is rehab # 3- 2 in the last 2 years. Last time he was sober for only a few days out of rehab- what is to say it will be any different this time??
I did tell him while I was visiting that when he comes home- if he wants to go back to his old way of living- he has to move out.
I hope that wasn't the wrong thing to say at the wrong time-
Old 08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there

Glad you had a nice visit.... keep your fingers crossed.

You layed down your boundries, now its up to him to decide what he wants to do. You have to let go of it cuz its not your issue to deal with, if he drinks again you know what will happen so dont worry about it now. Enjoy the time to take care of you... get a couple Al-anon meetings in and enjoy what is happening today, cuz that is all you cant control.

I sure hope it all works out! I will cross my fingers for you too
Old 08-15-2005, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yep been there, done that. good for u in setting boundaries - hopefully u can stick with them. my AH is coming home tomorrow after 5 days in detox - can't say that i'm real excited about. says he has good news - yeah right - sorry for the bit of cynicism there but we all know that road sooo well!

good luck and hugs - christie
Old 08-16-2005, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, it is so nice to see our loved ones sober and that is the way we were attracted to them in the first place. No one likes a drunk.

Just try to focus on today, we can all worry about what if's, etc?! I know it's hard.

I think it's good to set boundaries in this situation. Wish he could stay more than 14 days in inpatient.