Notices

Day 6

Old 08-15-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

I don't really like counting the days, so I will stop soon Felt like I had a cold this morning but it's gone now so I reckon it must have been some withdrawal type of thing, felt rough though which affected me mentally-I got my first real strong craving like a kick in the stomach.
So I read the forum here and got some strength from that and went back to bed and since I got up again I have come back to feeling OK again, played some computer games did some housework and now off to bed.
As findingout posted(I changed the you's to I's)
No matter how bad it was in any other respect, I had a good day because I did not pick up.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

My first craving laid in wait and ambushed me driving home one night after about 10 days or so, they're sneaky like that.

I started losing count after the first month, but followed it closely the first few days b/c everyday seemed like a victory to share. And unless we're sharing about gas or something, most people here like when we share LOL.

Congrats on the Six Days, tomorrow you can start counting weeks!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very Good For You!!!!!

Keep It Up!!!!! You Can Do It!!!!

Marlene
Old 08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on the 6 days! The cravings are tricky -- they sneak up on you when you least expect it. Just when you think, gee -- this isn't so bad, you get the rug pulled out from under you. Just be prepared when they do come. Call you support network -- or get one if you don't have one. good luck!!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are doing great!!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Where can I get a cup of tea?

Good for you Stonerat.

You know, I was thinking of not bothering to count days any more too. Each to his/her own of course, but it seems to me that the feeling of failure in 'falling back to day one' must be too much for some to bear. Why set yourself up for feeling like you've failed? If you measure 'success', then you're measuring 'failure' by default.

Is anyone who 'fell off the wagon' a failure? Of course not - they just caved in to their urges and had a drink again. So they get up another day and strengthen their resolve to stop poisoning themselves. No failure there.

I'm going to work on the past, present and future. Yesterday was the past, and I didn't drink. Today is the present, and today I'm not drinking. Tomorrow is the future, and today is practice for not drinking in future.

Had the most wonderful dream last night, even though I'm still detoxing and a bit woozy this morning. Got to get to work earlier today, so will post later. Have a good, clear day folks!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As usual I agree with you mate
Old 08-16-2005, 02:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congradulations on your 6 precious day's.
Bless, Trish
Old 08-16-2005, 02:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((stonerat)))
Old 08-16-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
a hole new life

Congrates. keep digging Deep. I find counting the days helps me, i tick off each day on my callender with glee. Just remember every day sober is a great achievement at the moment,I love the feeling when I put my head on my pillow, and find that it is (my head) clear, I am very grateful for that feeling i had forgotten what a great felling that is. It is my goal each day. keep at it ratty you know it makes sense.