Notices

Anger

Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Anger

I have been clean a little over a week but I can't seem to control my anger. The smallest things upset me and make me angry. I used to not be like this before I started using. Will this get better with time? Will I ever learn a better way of controlling anger?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Gets a lot better You're having a feeling of not being in control. I had to say the Serenity Prayer a lot in early recovery.

U doing anything in the way of excercise? Got a wallking trail or, a track you can burn off some of the anger??
Old 08-15-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Angel, I'm like that right now. I fly off the handle at anything and everything. When I feel it starting, I get up and walk around the parking lot. I walk hard, pushing my feet into the cement. It really helps get that anger out.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi Angelhugs, a week huh? You've barely gotten started. In early sobriety all those emotions you were numbing with booze and/or drugs are just starting to rear their heads. All the time you were loaded you were suppressing your feelings and emotions. Now they are starting to come back and I know it's not pleasant but if you want to be sober you'll have to deal with it. Good luck and God bless.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the insight. I will find more positive ways to release the anger. I know it will get better the longer I stay sober. That makes me even more determined to make the right decisions.

Praying for God's will to be done in my life. I have to let go of my own self-will.