EKP, How did meeting go?

Old 11-13-2002, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

EKP, How did meeting go?

Hey EKP,

Just have been thinking about you. Hope you are doing as well as can be expected.

Hugs.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ekp
Paused

thanks for thinking about me. the meeting went well. i was nervous at first. i stood outside the door for a couple minutes before going in. but i went in and am happy i did. my "a" is mad that i am going to these meetings but i will still go b/c it's for me and i need to. hey, i was wondering: do you feel really good at times with your "a" and then all of a sudden you have to detach again b/c of relapse? that for me has been challenging.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

EKP,

If you'll notice, I just posted a "S.O.S" of sorts regarding my daughter and tonight. I know you didn't ask my advice regarding your situation and it's a good thing cause I don't feel like I have any wisdom about anything at this point.

But have I had the days where I feel good about my A, who is my duaghter, only to have the rug jerked out from underneath me??? Oh yeah, do I ever.

Just this a.m. I was feeling so thankful for her good week. And right now I'm feeling totally opposite because of what she is choosing to do tonight. She might surprise me (man, would I ever be thrilled over that) and make good choices tonight. But her past behavior doesn't make me hold out much hope for that.

I know I should look on the positive, but it's really hard when they relapse. I've heard "I know, mama" upteen million times. Well if she KNOWS, then why doesn't she do it?

So do I struggle with detaching after relapse? Oh yes, EKP. And right now I'm very scared I will be dealing with that yet again tomorrow.

Sorry I'm not a real ray of sunshine with this resposne or a person with lots of wisdom re all this alcoholism mess. I guess it's just day to day, just help me make it through the next 24 hours. Or maybe I should say next 48....we still have the wedding and reception to go through.