Notices

Bloody Friday

Old 08-12-2005, 03:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Bloody Friday

It's friday morning and usually about now I would going to buy 1 litre (2 pints) of Vodka which I would drink over the course of the day, then tomorrow I would wake up drunk and go and buy another bottle.
But today I am not doing that, I am going to tidy my bedroom and computer room and read. I have some important things to organise (life stuff) but I will leave that until monday I think.
I am craving but it is just a knot in my stomach not a real desire to actually go and get the vodka.
I am keeping in mind that after my usual Friday-Saturday binges I can't get out of bed for 2 days with the pain and exhaustion, then when I can get out of bed I am depressed, and anxious and hate myself, then I have 1 good day and the next day is Friday and it starts again. That is no life.

So...I will get through today
Old 08-12-2005, 04:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((stonerat)))) Weekends are often the hardest. Once you make it through a few clean and sober they become easier to deal with. Sounds like you have a good plan. Don't forget to breathe. You would be surprised by how much a few concentrated, deep breaths can help relieve anxiety and make the cravings lessen. You can do this. Post here a lot if you need to. We'll be here!!!

Hugs--
Old 08-12-2005, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Lulu, you're right about the breathing, I will try to remember that
Old 08-12-2005, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

These are important days for you.
Ignoring the usual scenario, or at least considering an alternative; replacing acquired robot like habits with new stuff.
Having a plan. Oh, you're doing well mate
Old 08-12-2005, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Stonerat,

Fridays were always the hardest, but for me in the end every day became Friday! Keep yourself distracted, do anything except think about the ritual of the Friday booze cruise. Come on to this site and read the posts, go for a walk, drink loads of water etc oh and breathe! When the urge comes, lay down close you eyes take a few deep breaths and then breathe slowly and concentrate on your breath, let your mind drift away from that nagging voice. ( Best not to try it in the High street tho!) Good luck.

Pete
Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

hi

I suggest you check our forum...Alcoholism.

Read the post...3rd from the top for tips on de toxing.

Stay strong You Can Do This!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

everyday was a weekend for me. Have you checked out any meetings yet? They may seem scary at first but they are awesome and a lot of help. Good luck and we are here for you!

kathy
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is great that you're finding that better life for yourself. You have a really good optimistic attitude. That makes a big difference. Post, go for a walk, read and anything to get your mind off the cravings. Cravings pass. You are in for a much better life.

Hugs,
Angel
Old 08-12-2005, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm pulling for you. The first few days are so hard -- but the reward is so great! Just remember that once you get over the hump, it will become easier. Drink lots of water, get lots of sleep and take care of yourself. Keep us posted!!!
Kathy
Old 08-12-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thankyou for your support everyone, it means a lot to me and really helps
It's 6pm here and I have just had a nap with one of my kittens on the bed next to me (I have 2). I still have the knot in my stomach but breathing helps, I am drinking probably a gallon of water a day and eating as much as I like (I will worry about the weight gain later )
My main problem today is lethargy-it's hard to keep yourself occupied when you feel too tired/lazy to do anything
I know I wont drink today and you are all helping me so thanks again
Old 08-12-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Firdays are still a problem for me, but it gets easier, glad you made it through another 24.

nogard