Notices

New and need serious help!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation New and need serious help!

My name is Nicole and I'm addicted to alchohol, drugs, food, emotions, etc.... I live my life hanging by a thread, but now it's time to change. I am mother of a 7mo old that takes very good care of my baby, except for one thing. Once he goes to bed I indulge myself. I have a husband that's a trucker and I'm by myself all the time. I get bored and live in a predominately black neighborhood where I fell like I don't belong or that I can't be influenced by the activities that go on here. I am not racist myself, if I met a sober friend then it would be cool. My husband says that there are going to have to be some changes, or we're getting a divorce. He's the one that started me, but now he is sober. I just feel like sneaking a few beers right now( really a six pack )

Please help me on starting the road to recovery
Nicole
Old 08-11-2005, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Nicole,

I'm a newbie as well. I know exactly how you feel and probably most of us do. Whatever you do don't step out of the house to get that six pack of beer in fact don't even get anything. If your willing check out the nearest AA meetings and head on over there. If that's not possibly I'm sure staying online here will help you sort things out. It sounds like your husband is in recovery and wants you to quit as well. Whatever you do "don't" do it for him, do it for youself. In the long run you will be much happier and on the road to recovery. Nicole! you've already done the right thing and that is asking for help, so i hope this makes you feel a little better. Please continue to stay online and talk your feelings out I'm sure others will join you and help you get through today.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not getting a six pack makes me want to gat Haggen Daaz, and KUNGFU HUSTLE.... Is that a bad way of coping with my troubles?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Eating ice-cream and kungFU hustle is ok to deal with it today. Actually i think that's a great alternative for RIGHT NOW. Although if you feel the same way tomorrow than what will you do? Don't worry about the ice-cream thing, actually just talking about it is getting me in the mood for some. So if you get some you must share with us all.. haha.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
a hole new life

Hi Nicole and welcome, Ive only been around here for 12days, since Ive been sober!
You have made a great start to your recovery by finding this site the people are genuine and very supportive, and it sounds like you need plenty of that! Keep visiting and get yourself some more help. You will find that you will have many sober friends right here! Dont go for that six pack, you know it makes sence! Dont worry about your hubby, DO IT FOR YOURSELF one minute at a time if need be. Good luck be thinking of you.
Digger, I am an ALCOHOLIC, and remember keep on digging-DEEP
Old 08-11-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Nicole,

Nice to meet you. I'm Deg from the UK. I'm glad you found SR. I first came here 2 years ago nearly, you'll meet some really nice folk so stick around.

I never thought I could change. But it does happen, and here is a great place to start. Have you got a plan of how you're going about this yet?

Treat it like a military campaign - you can't just pick a fight like this without doing some homework and stocking up on a few munitions. The more the better - Tanks, Planes, Warships - order several of each LOL! I know it's easy for me to joke now - but it will be for you too before long if you really want this.

Right here

Deg.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey maniac...

I am a multi user as well...
I think there's quite a few of us on here... ;o)

gosh.. your words bring back memories..
lol.. and my husband was a trucker as well... new baby....

He ended up leaving me... and I went into recovery the next day..

A little late... but.. I didn't love him anyway.

Now.. 20 years later... I've realized many of the promises of the program... but... old thinking dies hard... and I have to stay on top of myself...

So.. I just want to tell you that I think it was worth the effort..
Old 08-11-2005, 05:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, you are all so great. I did get Kungfu Hustle, and Ben and Jerry's Dublin Mudslide... Bad me, but good for no beer. I figure as long as I'm starting sobriety, I'll start my workouts that I quit when I got pregnant as well.
GodBless and thankyou
Nicole

P.S. I'm sure this wont be the last time thogh, my moods change like I change my clothes
Old 08-11-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you are here! I am an addict in recovery and I know how hard it is. I think ice cream is so much better than the beer! When I get cravings, I go for ice cream too and it works pretty good with getting my mind off of the other bad stuff. Get as much ice cream as you need to and enjoy!!

welcome to SR!

Hugs,
Angel
Old 08-11-2005, 06:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome Nichole!
We'll offer all the support you can handle. I drank out of boredom most nights to when hubby was away (he's a musician). It became an addiction I couldn't live with anylonger as my life was going to hell in a hand basket fast. We all have the power, the courage and the strength to beat it. I needed support in doing so and know you can do it to! We're glad your here!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So far I've made it

Thank you everyone,

Chy I just wanted to say that my addictions do come mostly from boredom. Oh how it's nice to find people with the same situations.

Nicole
Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
a hole new life

[
P.S. I'm sure this wont be the last time thogh, my moods change like I change my clothes[/QUOTE]

Nichole, Stay in the same cloths, if you get my drift.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Nicole, congrats and welcome to SR.

nogard