Notices

I'm having a hard time...help!!!

Old 08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation I'm having a hard time...help!!!

I am trying to quit using...I've been through recovery before and there is no trying...you just quit and take it one day at a time. Well, I keep chippin on weed and meth. I just started going to meetings, but I still just don't seem to grasp sobriety that easily this time. Today I want to smoke some dope so bad, it's not even funny. Someone please give me something to get through the day with!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Yes, it is hard, really hard and I don't think there is any way to do it, but to stick with it and do it. It's really that simple. Do whatever you need to do to take your mind off things. Get outside, exercise, listen to music, call someone, watch a movie, anything to take your mind off your cravings for a few minutes.

Hang in there, it gets easier as time goes on.

Anna
Old 08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take it minutes at a time if you have to. See a movie, go for a walk, read, listen to music, and just basically keep busy to pass the time. Get wrapped up in something to keep your mind busy and let the time pass. Keep going to meetings and it will sink in when the time is right. Just don't give up. I kept using drugs until I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. When it finally burned me really bad, I surrendered to win.

Stick with it and take it one day at a time!

Hugs,
Angel
Old 08-10-2005, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know its hard.But,it can be done.I did it.Perhaps you might need in patient treatment to get through detox and the first 30 days which can be difficult.