Relapse

Old 08-10-2005, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Relapse

2-3 times now my husband has relapsed. He drinks 1 beer, no drama. He then gets right back on the horse a goes to his AA meetings. I suppose it could be worse but i can't help but feel disappointed. I think I'm improving my response anyway. I just said "I am disappointed" and left it at that. No arguing,no shaming,no yelling. It just seems for every step forward is a step back! Kerry
Old 08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can understand why you would feel that way.... and its a scarry place to be, Im impressed that your not reacting.

Is he working with a sponsor? If he is then hopefully it will all work out. Im told that most people do relaps in the first year so this is not new. Only suggestion I could make is just to stick to your recovery and go to Al-anon and like they say, Let go and Let God.

Of course Im not one to talk about letting go .... Im not good at that one either.

*hugs to you*
Old 08-10-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Thanks! He doesn't have a sponser yet. A few of the guys have given him their numbers and offered to share rides. We live in a rural area and there is only 2 meetings a week. I wish he could attend more. Ive heard things like 30 meetings in 30 days. I wish he could. I quess I know feeling like I shouldn't get my hopes up. Kerry
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You love the man and he is trying.... I cant say I would not get my hopes up either.

But I guess you have to also be realistic about it.... and staticts (sp) say that most relaps. I guess all you can do is what you are doing... you did not react, go to Al-anon and keep the focus on YOU.... sometimes I think its like having a child, you cant help them till you get help for yourself first.

I think your doing great! *hugs* to you
Old 08-11-2005, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

reader - if you still have hope than that's a good thing. keep working on you - at least he gets back on the horse and keeps at it. hopefuly he is truly working a program & gets a sponsor.

hugs - christie