Notices

What is happening to me?

Old 08-10-2005, 02:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is happening to me?

I'm 21... have been since feb. I drink everyday. I go to school, one semester and one class away from graduating. I have a job. I have a boyfriend who really loves me. He cheated on me 3 years ago early on, and he syas i have never trusted him since. he says i have made stuff up and accused him of erasing numbers off the caller id. all of which i can barely remember cuz i was drunk... he used to be engaged and is still friends with his ex fiance. I hate her. i asked him to never speak to the girl he cheated onme with and he hasn't. i asked him to stop talking to his ex fiance because after we were together about a year i found a letter she wrote him saying she wanted him back. he still talks to her. I know i have a serious problem. who else can say they r 21 and an alcoholic. i feel pathetic, i feel digusting, and yet its my own money that does it. i do it to myself and i actually wanna die because of it. i alreadyfeel dead.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

SR is a super place for support and information.

I think you are wise to be 21 and looking for answers regarding your drinking. Congratulations!

And well done on your job and finishing your education at the same time. Difficult to do.

Stay around..read our post...ask questions if you want to. We also have a special forum...Alcoholism that is very active.

It's great to see a new member...
Old 08-10-2005, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Dear Chiwi--Welcome to SR. Glad you found us! I was deep in the throws of my alcoholism when I was 21, but it took me another 14 years of hell before I was finally willing to ask for help. If you know you have a problem, you are way better off than I was. There is no need for you to feel ashamed for having this disease. What would be shameful is knowing about it and then doing nothing about it.

Keep hanging out here, read a lot, post some more, and see what you think. Take it easy on yourself. We are often our own worst enemies. We're here for you!

Hugs--
Old 08-10-2005, 01:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Chiwi,

Welcome to SR. I agree with Carol and Lulu, hang around, read the posts, you will find lots of info and support here.

nogard
Old 08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Chiwi,
I am 24 now but at 21, I was already struggling with addiction problems with drugs and alcohol. I am in college too and the drinking has made it more difficult, but I just got really into recovery and I am doing a little bit better now.

welcome to SR! stick around and know that we are here for you.

Hugs,
Angel
Old 08-10-2005, 05:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hell Your 12 years quicker then me, you are a step in the right direction by admitting you have a problem
Old 08-10-2005, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is a much better life without the drinking. I have been sober for about a week now and I am already enjoying some activities sober. I am learning that I can still have a great time while being sober. I am starting to feel better. You can too. A sober life free from the bondage is so much better. Stick around here at SR!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey there...I wanted to welcome you to SR too!
I'm always really happy to see younger people on here. It was around your age (I'm 28 now) when I started questioning my drinking behaviors. Of course I didn't want to admit anything was wrong, especially when I'm supposed to be at the "peak" of my partying. Plus I was in college too and it was just unthinkable then.
A lot happened between then and now. If you're truly an alcoholic this is a progressive and fatal disease. And, if you're a potential female alcoholic, this disease progresses faster than with males for some reason. I can definitely atest to that fact! It only took a few years to go from being on top of the world to feeling like I belonged on the bottom of the dung heap! I heard one person say: "alcohol gave me the wings to fly, then it took away the sky." I can totally relate.
I hope that you find the answers (or at least begin to have some light shed on your questions) while you're here. Like everyone said--check out the different threads. There's a lot of information and awesome support here.
This place was actually the catalyst for me to decide to go to AA and become serious about my recovery when I was 26. I'm glad I did!!!

Again, welcome!

Danielle
Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Welcome To Site

It's Hard To Admit You Have A Problem All Of Us In Here Have A Problem You're Not Alone People On Here Will Give You Support. That's Why We're Here

Hugs

Chris
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

WOW That is something that I believe is totally awesome is that you realize at such a young age that you do have a problem, it took me a long time to admit that, and it still is in my head somedays that I don't but I know that is not the truth. I am glad that you have found SR and we can do this togeather, I do know that. Last night I was in my self LOL and went to the chat room and them people that were there helped me just by me listening to what they were going threw. I am glad that you are here and hope that you keep coming back

Love Vic
Old 08-11-2005, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome!
You are not alone - there are a lot of nice and supportive people here. I would encourage you to try and get some face to face local support too - AA has worked wonders for me. There are other options too.

Stick around!
JMHS