Notices

Saturday struggle.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saturday struggle.

Hi to all
Its saturday night and I struggled heaps this afternoon, but got through it without having a drink. Its probably the first saturday for a long time that I haven't drank. Old habits sure do die hard , but I know I'm going to be really glad tomorrow that I didn't relent. I guess that is really what it's all about, changing our old destructive habits in exchange for a better way to spend our time.I'm looking forward to an UNhungover Sunday for a change.

bye for now
Greg
Old 07-30-2005, 02:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ertaka
Hi to all
Its saturday night and I struggled heaps this afternoon, but got through it without having a drink. Its probably the first saturday for a long time that I haven't drank. Old habits sure do die hard , but I know I'm going to be really glad tomorrow that I didn't relent. I guess that is really what it's all about, changing our old destructive habits in exchange for a better way to spend our time.I'm looking forward to an UNhungover Sunday for a change.

bye for now
Greg
Hi Greg,
Sounds like you're trying to do this alone. You don't have to you know. I went to AA and hung out with people who had been in my shoes and knew what to do and how to do it. Having company helps in hard times. Why don't you give it a try?
Old 07-30-2005, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

hi greg i'm so happy for you that you were able to not pick up a drink on saturday. me i'm just coming into my saturday but i'm on my way to work. i'll pray for you this weekend. as music said above AA is a great program. yea i wasnt into it at first but now after 8 months soberity gosh i know i couldnt have done it without them and now i have so many close friends and when we go out... we dont have to have a drink to have a good time. maybe look into it who knows it could be what saves your life. i know it did mine!!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi again...

I know it takes 3 months to break an old destructive habit and replace it with a positive one.

That is why treatment centers ask that their patients attend 90 recovery meetings in 90 days.

I suggest you begin that plan.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job

Greg,

Way to go! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Well done Greg, as others have said meetings and not dong it alone will help a lot.

nogard
Old 07-30-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Greg - I had a very difficult afternoon too, but made it through. You are not alone. This is the hard work that everyone talks about -- getting through those difficult times. I no longer have the strong "urge", but I am going to go get a HoHo!! Have a great Sunday!!
Thankful for today,
Kathy
Old 07-30-2005, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on a sober Saturday! You will be feeling great and ready to get to life on Sunday morning!! You will be so grateful that you made all of the right choices. Take good care of you and the rewards will be so worth it!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply posts,
Its now sunday afternoon and have had a great day at the beach with my kids. I,m back on my positive horse and am thankfull that I have the support of this site. I have been to A.A. many times in the past and it just isn't for me. I know they do great work and have saved many lives, and I would never critisize them nor paint them in a negative light. Anyway, thanks again for all your kind words. They all help and encourage me to stay sober.

Greg.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

Greg, I meant to post earlier on your thread. It is just my Saturday evening now. I too struggled today, but I managed to keep busy. Are you looking into other means of support? Hope you are well...glad you and the kids had a good day at the beach!

Pearl