Am I Happy?

Old 07-28-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I Happy?

Well, P gets out of the Clinic tomorrow evening; the doctors are very pleased with his physical and mental state.

Am I happy? Yes and no.

Happy to have my man back whole, well and sober Oh yes!

Happy that he wants to stay that way, hell yes! BUT has he got the willpower? I don’t know. Is this the time that he finally conquers his demons? I’ll just have to wait and see.

P has had medication and psychological therapy before, and spent some time at AA but relapsed.

I was hoping that he would be put on Naltrexone, the doctor was hoping that too but P’s liver count is still too high at the moment. So he’s coming home without any medication, he will have to rely on vitamins, nutrition and ‘over the counter remedies’ for his day to day battles with recovery; and his GP for stress and depression medication.

P’s mum says that he seems different this time; more focused and resolute than she’s ever seen him, maybe this detox experience was bad enough to get him to turn the corner. The doctors were certainly very concerned about the severity of it.

So, I’ll put into practice what I’ve learned on here; I’ll support P in his recovery, I’ll sure as hell enjoy all the good times we’ll have and whatever comes will come.

And when (or if) the s*** hits the fan you guys will be the first to hear about it, and the triumphs too!
Heres hoping.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I read something today that said a kind person is a happy person...be kind to yourself!!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((susane & P)) - here's praying that you have many good days whether P is or not!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

That's great he is getting the help he so desperately needs! Just continue taking good care of yourself!

Hugs,
Savana
Old 07-28-2005, 11:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So today is the day? Here's hoping you find lots to enjoy in it!!

Whatever happens keep posting and be good to yourself. I don't have much to say except I know how you feel.

Good luck today - I hope it's a happy homecoming!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Susane, I hope you're able to feel some happiness amongst all of this. Thinking of you both.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, todays the day!
6 Hours to go!
Thank you so much for all your good wishes every one.
Feeling nervous, haven't seen THIS P for nearly 3 months, and I last visited him in the clinic 4 days ago; he's much improved since then.
We get to sleep in the same bed tonight! haven't done that in over two months, I don't expect any 'action' he's still on Valium, but the cuddles will be lovely.