Please pray for my dad

Old 07-26-2005, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Please pray for my dad

My father has been having difficulty swallowing for the last few weeks, so the doctor ordered an endoscopy to determine the problem. Today we received the worst possible news. He has esophageal cancer and, like lung cancer, once a person is symptomatic, the cancer is generally too far advanced to be treated.

He was admitted to the hospital today following the endoscopy. The doctor wants to run additional tests to determine if the cancer has matastasized. If so, all they can do is administer pallative treatment. That means that all they can do is keep him comfortable. Esophageal cancer is the most rapidly growing type of all cancers, so if tomorrow's tests reveal it has matastasized, then I will only have a few weeks to say goodbye to my father.

I guess what I'm hoping for is a miracle. And if that's impossible what I'm hoping for more than anything is that my father won't suffer. Would you please pray for my father?

My father, a father of seven, is the dearest father a girl could have. He's never once raised his voice at me, he's never once criticized me, he's never said an unkind word to me, or even hurt my feelings. He's loved me unconditionally, he's taken wonderful care of me, he tells me I'm beautiful, he tells me he loves me everytime I see him. He's always encouraged me, he's always had faith in me, he's always been there for me. There is nothing he wouldn't do for me. And there's nothing I wouldn't do for him. He's the most precious gift a child could ask for.

Please pray for him.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

my thoughts are certainly with you,your dad and your family. please take great comfort in knowing that sadly,not every child can say such wonderful things about a parent! be thankful for all that you have had with him, and he, you.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Lord, holy Father, creator of the universe, author of its laws, you can bring the dead back to life, and heal those who are sick. We pray for our sick brother that he may feel your hand upon him, renewing his body and refreshing his soul. Show to him the affection in which you hold all your creatures.

- Dimma, a seventh century Irish monk
Old 07-26-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, FD! (((((hugs))))) I couldn't help but tear up reading your post. My Dad had colon cancer for 18 months. My Mom had breast cancer after my Dad died, beat that, but only to lose her to a sudden heart attack two years later.

I'm SO SORRY to hear about your Dad. Prayer is thee most powerful tool there is. I do believe in miracles because I am one of them. I had colon cancer, too, two years ago. I was prayed over by many in the church and friends and after my surgery, I no longer had any cancer left in my body.

I will be praying for you, your Dad and your family. Have faith and just believe. God is in total control. And, He loves His children.

May God bless you and keep you always!

"Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and ye shall find
Knock and the door shall be opened unto you"
Matthew 7:7
Old 07-26-2005, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Unhappy

May God send healing to your Dad

Knowedge to his medical team

Comfort and peace to his loved ones.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat

I guess what I'm hoping for is a miracle. And if that's impossible what I'm hoping for more than anything is that my father won't suffer. Would you please pray for my father?

My father, a father of seven, is the dearest father a girl could have. He's never once raised his voice at me, he's never once criticized me, he's never said an unkind word to me, or even hurt my feelings. He's loved me unconditionally, he's taken wonderful care of me, he tells me I'm beautiful, he tells me he loves me everytime I see him. He's always encouraged me, he's always had faith in me, he's always been there for me. There is nothing he wouldn't do for me. And there's nothing I wouldn't do for him. He's the most precious gift a child could ask for.

Please pray for him.

You could have been describing my mother (of five instead of seven) who died 18 years ago to breast/bone cancer........I am so very sorry for you all. You will indeed be in my prayers. Sending you a cyber-hug for you AND your dad.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

(((((((((((hugs))))))))) going out to you and your Dad. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I lost my Mom to Cancer when she was only 42. I wish they would patent a cure soon for it.

Hugs,
Savana
Old 07-26-2005, 10:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
fire dancer

prayer can work....mine go out to him, and to you....& be thankful for a father whom you praise so highly...that is a miracle unto itself....our hearts are with you.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((FD)))

My thoughts are with you and your Dad.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can't help but hope with all my heart the man you describe stays in our world for as long as is humane. What a beautiful footprint to have made with a life. I hope he has chance for a good few more!!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

FD - i shall say prayers for both you and your father that whatever God's plan is, that it will bring peace to you and your father.

Hugs - Christie
Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

My Dad had cancer too...Bless, Trish.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

I pray today to the Lady of Fire,
great Brighid, Triple Goddess.
There is someone here who needs you,
someone who is sick.
I ask you to bring your healing flame,
the warmth of life, into him,
burning away all that is making him sick,
that I might always have cause to praise you.
( Prayer to Brighid )
Old 07-27-2005, 05:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((FD))))
I'm so sorry for your fear and pain.
I am praying for your dad...and for you.
Shalom!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your father and your family.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((((FormerDoormat))))) know that you and your father are in my prayers. Peace Be With You.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Prayers will be offered for your dad and the family he loves so much.

(((former dormat)))
Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lost my father to this dread disease when I was 12, my mother was left with 6 children to bring up. I was the oldest.
My heart goes out to you and your family my dear.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

FD, just to give you some hope, my cousin's husband had esophageal cancer a couple of years ago and after treatment is doing fine. They had to remove 2/3's of his esophagus and he has had to have it stretched a couple of times since then. He had been having problems swallowing for a long time so his cancer was advanced. Miracles do happen. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.