Back from vacation

Old 07-26-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back from vacation

I am tired today, I guess it the second day back blues from being on vacation The weather is not helping being gloomy, hot and rainy.

On a up note, my vacation was good, the weather was beautiful, lot of swimming, jet skiing and many trips to the ice cream store. Bon fire every nite, it was nice visiting with my family, there was 24 of us there, nieces, nephews, BIL, SIL and parents, it was great

I didnt react to my H drinking every single nite we were there, most evenings he stayed at our campsite alone by the fire, talking on the phone with his family and drinking, while I went to the family bon fire where everyone was. I felt guilty he was sitting alone, but yet that is what he chose to do, I went over there a couple of times and said to come sit with us, he said no, he didnt want to. My family was asking me if he was being anti social, and asking why he wasnt coming over. What could I say, he was tired, he didnt want to, why I dont know. He doesnt want to be with any of my family, none of them drink, and they dont like drinking.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

glad you had a good time and glad you didn't let his sulking and staying off by himself ruin your vacation. cooler weather is header our way in a day! phew!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

MIne is the same way. He refuses to be around my family and when he does his behavior is standoffish. When my family asks what the problem is I do not make excuses for him. I tell them I do not know and it is his loss to miss out on such good company. Sometimes my daughter will ask if she should talk to him, and I tell her no> Do not give him the impression he is someone special just because he has to be coaxed to get involved. Let him own the problem and when he asks what was said or done, just tell him he would have known if he had been there to participate. Leave it at that. All family holidays are sad for me because he chooses not to go but then I am thankful because I do not have to walk around on eggs when he does go just so he will not blowup or say things to hurt those I love. There is a silver lining in the choices he makes when it comes to family issues. It comes when all the blame is passed onto him by those he has chosen to place less value on and ignore.