AH Fall Down, Go BOOM!

Old 07-25-2005, 02:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH Fall Down, Go BOOM!

AH decided to take the puppy for a walk last night, and asked me if I wanted to go. On the way around this back side street, we stopped at a neighbors house. (the one he went to the night he dissapeared with the puppy durring the thunder storm) They of course offered him a beer, and another one later. He peed in their yard, cause he couldn't wait to get in the bathroom, and when we left, we crossed the road into the park, and he went behind a tree and peed again! On our way back across the road, we had to step up on the road from a ditch, and he tripped and wipped out all over the road!!!! Scraped up his elbow. I was trying so hard not to laugh! We continued on, and I could tell he was really drunk cause he wasn't saying a word, and the way he was walking. (like in a stuper) When we got to the RR tracks, he wasn't watching the puppy and her legs were all tangled up in the leash, and he was starting to drag her! I yelled at him to stop, and picked up the puppy and carried her across the RR tracks! I didn't let him have the leash back till we were well off the road!!! I wonder if his "Boo-Boo's" are hurting today!!! :slaphead
Old 07-25-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Day
Since then, if i know he has been drinking, i take them for a walk before he gets home, or even pretend they've been walked, then take them as soon as he passes out!
Yes, that is a good idea. I had thought of that!

Originally Posted by Dakota
Does he have id tags on him in case he gets lost? The puppy...not your husband...LOL!
Thats too funny!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

cup - glad the puppy wasn't hurt. i think the above suggestions are valid. bottom line - the puppy has no choice - a responsible person has to make the decisions.

is that a moo-moo avatar? cute!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes! Actually, it is from the Far Side cartoon artist! I LOVE the far side! I was very glad I was with him when he walked last night. He wasn't keeping a good eye on the puppy.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Is this your husband's puppy or your puppy? If it's your husband's puppy, perhaps you could convince him to allow you to find it a new home--one with a sober owner. The puppy doesn't deserve to live with an active alcholic, and come to think of it, neither do you.

The difference between you and the pup, though, is that you have a choice. The poor pup doesn't. I'm speaking from experience here. As I've been actively doing dog and cat rescue for the last five years. Dogs and cats don't fare well in homes with an active addict. I've seen first hand what becomes of these poor animals. They tend to lose things that are important to them, like their limbs or their lives.

A person who's too drunk to realize that the leash is wrapped around this dog's legs and dragging the poor thing that way, to boot, isn't fit to care for an animal.

Thank you for picking up the pup and carrying him home, but he really deserves a much better life than this. So do you!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat
Is this your husband's puppy or your puppy? If it's your husband's puppy, perhaps you could convince him to allow you to find it a new home--one with a sober owner. The puppy doesn't deserve to live with an active alcholic, and come to think of it, neither do you.

The difference between you and the pup, though, is that you have a choice. The poor pup doesn't. I'm speaking from experience here. As I've been actively doing dog and cat rescue for the last five years. Dogs and cats don't fare well in homes with an active addict. I've seen first hand what becomes of these poor animals. They tend to lose things that are important to them, like their limbs or their lives.

A person who's too drunk to realize that the leash is wrapped around this dog's legs and dragging the poor thing that way, to boot, isn't fit to care for an animal.

Thank you for picking up the pup and carrying him home, but he really deserves a much better life than this. So do you!!!

I agree totally with FD. This is so sad for the poor, innocent puppy. What if you weren't around to see this? The puppy could have ended up missing a limb or dead.

Please try to re-home the puppy; he so doesn't deserve this abuse