Notices

sick of being sick.....

Old 07-21-2005, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Where is my mind?

sick of being sick.....

This is Day 1 for me (not feeling too well, I might add) I’m an alcoholic and I’ve been drinking for about 10 years (I’m 26), daily for at least five (with a few days off now and then when I’ve drunk up all my money). I believe that I’m finally ready to quit drinking for good. I cannot stand to live like this anymore. I truly believe that I have only two options right now: 1) Die, or 2) Get Sober. Although option 1 sounds a heck of a lot easier, I don’t want to end up dead. I’m already insane. So I guess that means that I have to get sober. I’ve never been one to ask for help, but I realize that I can’t do this alone, so I guess that’s why I’m here. I should find myself some AA meeting to go to, but I can never get up the nerve to make the call. I don’t think I’ll ever get up the nerve. The other day I was debating whether I should go out and get a DUI just so the courts would force me into AA…..I told you I was insane.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Anyway, I’ll shut up now…….this seems like a good place….lots of support. I think I’ll stick around.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Glad you found us here first, before you did something cRaZy. Welcome to SoberRecovery!! You've already made one good decision so far...to quit drinking. Pick a local meeting at random and just GO. You don't have to stay for the whole meeting even. They'll want you to, for sure. Maybe pick a ''newcomers'' meeting. They'll really want you to stay then.

Don't get the DUI. Those tend to stay with you a LONG LONG time.

Anyways...Welcome Aboard!!

Old 07-21-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey, you may be a little "off" as we all are, but you are NOT insane. Because you have made a VERY sane choice...
I do though wish you'd make that call for help. AA is a wonderful place for alcoholics,
and I can say that I'm SURE every person around those tables has felt the same way you do now. The fear of your first meeting. I did.. But if you can gather the strength, you'll be extremely grateful, and you'll say, wow, what was I afraid of, and I sure am glad I gathered the courage to make that call.
You can do it.. It is not easy for anyone. But you won't be sorry when you do it. Everyone understands what you aer going through. You'll be suprised when you share, or hear others share, that they think, and have done the same things you have...
No matter what, I am GLAD you're here. This is such a wonderful place. You'll also find alot of support here... WELCOME
Can you call a doctor so they can give you something to help you through the withdrawls? Detoxing yourself is dangerous, and can even be deadly.. Can you check into your local hospital? They make life MUCH more comfortable... There's treatment too, they can get you started, give you a stronger foundation, and introduce you to AA... That is the easy way to go...
Please stick around,,,, we are here, and we care, alot!!

Love, Becky
Old 07-21-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

hi there sparkles!
welcome!!! You're at a great place...when we are sick and tired is a really birlliant time to think about recovering...my advice to you - pick up the phone, grit your teeth and phone AA and ask for a meeting near where you live...MOST people manning the phones are alcoholics too!! They know how hard it is to phone at first...but there will SO much there for you! So much help and love and support...and fun too!!! And learning how to LIVE"
Good for you that you are recognising this at such an amazingly young age - I would never have had the courage or insight! Well don!!!
Keep coming back, hon!
Love
Cathy31
x
Old 07-21-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Where is my mind?

Thanks.....you make me feel very welcome.......
Old 07-21-2005, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

I've heard of addicts and alcoholics throwing a brick through the cop shop window just to get on the inside.
We're people of extremes, aren't we...
To echo Midas, don't do the DUI thing.
Welcome to the Circle. Keep posting and reading. Something will catch your eye, and you'll see you're far from alone.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Where is my mind?

Went online and found a meeting to go tonight....I have to leave soon if I'm gonna make it....wish me luck in getting through the door....I may lose my nerve

I'll let you know how it goes.....
Old 07-21-2005, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Just do it Sparks.
I'll bet you big bank there's another alcoholic who might need you there.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

Congratulations for choosing a wonderful new life!