He's making me mad!

Old 07-19-2005, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry He's making me mad!

This is kind of a continuation of my last post. Ever since Saturday (3 days ago) he has been in this P#**y mood! He got mad Sunday because I threw out some beans that were a week old, and he just was doing everything to avoid me last night! I think last nights "silent tantrum" was because when I got home from work and went upstairs, I mentioned that the puppy had peed on my white carpet again! So without saying any more about it, I got out our carpet cleaner and proceded to clean the carpet in my room. (there were several spots from other times) When I came back down stairs, he was acting like I had done him so wrong or something. Wouldn't talk above a mumble. But trying to be the good detatched "wife", I tried to act like I didn't notice, and offered to help him with dinner, or to help him get his stuff together for a busness trip he is going on today. "NO" he didn't need any help! Even though he kept grumbeling about having to get packed and having all this stuff to do. So I went up stairs to iron his shirts, and he dissapears to go outside to mow the lawn that he mowed the day before!!! Not saying a word about weather dinner was done or not. When my son came home, he said he thought it looked like dinner was done, so we went ahead and ate. In the middle of that, he came in, and kind of acted like all was fine, but then about 15 min later, said he was going to walk the dog. So he goes out, and dosn't return for a long tome! After about 2 hours, and when a thunderstorm started, I finally called the bar to see if he was there. You KNOW he was. So he runs home in the storm with the puppy, into my bedroom (with the white carpet) telling me about how he went to the neighbors house and went 100 miles per hour in the guys sports car (with the puppy) then went to the bar (with the puppy) All happy like he had so much fun! And of course the wet puppy follows him into my bedroom!!!! (at this point I am an hour late getting to sleep worrying about him, when I need to get up at 3am! And what ever happened to him being so busy he couldn't pack?)
I just don't know what is going on in his head! He is on some testoserone replacement that he started back up again. He is taking it in the evening now because when he did in the morning, it made him sick. I'm wondering if that with the alcohol is making him act this way. Testy and moody. Its driving me NUTS! I'm kind of relieved he will be gone for a day or two to give me a break!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That back and forth mood swing -- I've BTDT with H and it is the pits. It's so passive-aggressive and it is designed to keep you guessing. Hugs to you.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I feel sorry for the puppy too. Thats one of the reasons I was so mad! I don't think it is right to be taking a pet to a BAR. Even if it is a small neighborhood one. I once saw someone take a baby lamb up there! He did call me this morning at work before he left for his trip, to say good bye. He once again told me how much "fun" he had in that car. He did tell me that he left the puppy with the guys wife while he went, but still... Just the fact that I was home worrieing. No appoligy.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

cup - beautiful said it right - the mood swings - one minute happy, the next pissed at the world. it is hard to detach - hope you enjoy your alone time!

hugs - christie
Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, I WILL!!!!! Too bad I have to work, won't be much different. But at least it will be peaceful.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He called me today at work when he got to his destination and said he just wanted to call and say hi. Then he said "You seemed mad this morning on the phone". Well, DUH! I told him that yes, I was worried when he didn't come home, and it was dark and thrnderstorming. (can you hear a little Guilt going on there???)
Old 07-19-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

He called me today at work when he got to his destination and said he just wanted to call and say hi. Then he said "You seemed mad this morning on the phone".
Ah yes... the good old "act like nothing happened" routine. I've found the best response to be honesty. If it was me, I would have said, "Yes, I was. I didn't appreciate you taking the puppy out all night, and especially leaving her/him and someone else's house while you went to the bar. You could have had the decency to bring her home before you went out." I don't care anymore about B staying out and being irresponsible with himself, but dragging helpless people (dog included) into his insanity is where I draw the line.

It's insanity... the whole thing. Trying to reason with them, trying to understand why they are doing what they are... trying to co-exist under one roof.

I'm sure these next two days are going to be heaven for you!! Make the most of them!!

:-) Shannon
Old 07-19-2005, 02:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Gettingby