Notices

It doesn't seem to be getting better...

Old 07-13-2005, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It doesn't seem to be getting better...

Sorry for the whining, but so many things are going wrong for me right now...I just wish things would work themselves out.

I cant get out of this mess that I got myself into.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forever In Recovery, Dana

um, I don't know the problem but just keep in mind, Good or Bad, nothing lasts forever. So, this too, shall pass.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

AngelHugs.
You are right. You can't get out of this mess...alone. Keep reaching out. For every beginning there is an end.
Peace be to you.
Tanya
Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
perbear

I know that at times it is almost unbareble to trudge that road to happy destiny as I have been there many times. This is where all the sayings such as its darkest before the dawn no pain no gain all come into play. Unfortunately at the time those are the things you don't want to hear!LOL I am hear to really tell you that looking back on every difficult time in sobriety that I had it was always for a reason and I always came out the other side in a better space. It seems that through the struggles in sobriety I feel hopeless and helpless at times but as long as I stay straight and keep asking for help I am Ok. It is a big part of recovery growth and building of faith when you get through those times! So for as tough as it is right now just try and continue to reach out for help and keep riding on others faith at times just to persivere and you will make it. God Bless You and Take Care!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I gutted out feeling bad for almost 2 years all the crap I'd put my self in and made my family suffer for my drunken escapades

Just don't drink!!! It won't solve anything and it won't make you feel better over the long haul.

I felt like you did coming in. I had these people with 15 years in say keep coming back it gets better. I wanted to b1tch slap them With time, I now know how right they were.

Life is as good as you make your 24 hours today
Old 07-13-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

In order to get out of the mess, what needs to be done? (Don't need to say it here) So make a list, sounds goofy, but it works. What things/people/situations need to be taken care of to get it squared away? Make a list prioritizing what should be done. Look at it, when it's in black and white, it's tangable, it can be dealt with, no matter how long it takes start at the top and work your way down. Chip away slowly and deligently at your list each day, make the appropriate calls, visit if need be the right people, make arrangements with those who will work with you.... and stick to them... and don't feel you have to do it alone. Look at your list, who is your best ally in helping you accomplish it. Doing nothing won't get you anywhere, making daily progress will give you a feeling of accomplishment and get the mess handled.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hi Angel
How you feeling? I agree with Chy...a list does help...and perhaps divide it into controllable and uncontrollable...and start working on the controllable ones and try and pray about the uncontrollable ones...I felt so bad yesterday too, work plus really hectic other stuff too...I just felt it was too much!!! What I did was pray about it, didn't drink, went to bed early and woke up really refreshed today and ready to face it all head-on - the stuff I could of course...another curve ball hit today, but I felt better able to deal with it....my point is...try not take it to heart and try and believe that it will get better...because it will. And you deserve it.)
Love CAthy31 x
Old 07-13-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hey I know that things seem really out of reach some times, but I also know that using or drinking doesn't fix anything. I too have them days but they will pass. I have to write down everyday what I want to get done for that day. Now most of the time I never get threw the list LOL, but whatever got done is what was suppose to get done..... I am not sure what your problems are but if there is anything that I can do and I mean ANYTHING/!!!!!! Just let me know ok I am usaually on line or I will get right back to you, and remember that we are hear for you if that is just to listen.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I hear you Hugs, and am right there with you. Misery loves company they say!! Maybe a dancing bananna will help!! One for each of us!!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awww, you are all the best! The encouragement from everyone helped me feel better. I am just trying to believe that as long as I don't drink, things will get better. I guess it just takes time and patience and I am so impatient. I try to let time have time but my mind drives me crazy. LOL. As long as I keep on trying and hanging on.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I know that if you just hang in there and talk here that you will be ok, This has saved my @ss I don't know how many times. Usually it is the people that **** me off that have saved me from me. I am always around if you need to talk ok there is hope for any of us that are clean and sober today
Old 07-13-2005, 12:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I screwed up big time on my test scores for the GRE which is the entrance exam for graduate school.
My academic future seems shot but there has to be hope somewhere.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Originally Posted by AngelHugs
Sorry for the whining, but so many things are going wrong for me right now...I just wish things would work themselves out.
First, I believe that God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. All these "things" we get through sober make us stronger in our sobriety. No drink or drug will make anything better; only worse. You know this! Things will work themselves out. Some things you might have to actively work towards fixing, others may just get better on their own; provided you don't pick up.

Keep doing the next right thing.... don't pick up, ask for help, etc and things will get better.

Anna

"Grateful hearts don't drink"
Old 07-13-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Perhaps grad school isn't what you are meant to be doing right now in your life. My mother always says, "When one door closes, two more open up." They may not be the doors you want to go through, but maybe they are the ones you are supposed to go through.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Recovery doesnt happen over night.Some things take time to work out.In my case,I burned a lotta bridges,and left a lotta wreckage.Slowly but surely I am cleaning it up.This takes time.I also hurt a lotta people and one by one I am making amends.Have you talked with your sponsor about whats going on?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hi Angel, I don't know what to tell you about school...I just want to say that We're here for you, we care about you and no, taking that drink or drug will only complicate things so much more. Hang in there, God has a plan for you. Have faith.
hugs & hugs, Wendy
Old 07-13-2005, 06:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

God knows what is best. The key is to trust and accept His will.

Why is acceptance so hard???

My sponsor knows of some of this stuff going on.