Notices

yesterday hurt

Old 07-11-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

yesterday hurt

well on sundays i have to work about 13 hours. when i woke up i didnt take my suboxone and decided id see how the day went .....well about 2:30pm i snapped, people werent showing up for work and i would have been better off alone instead of the person i was cooking with...before i knew it i was in the clutches of mental addiction... I quickly turned 20 bucks into 35 then to 45...i was ever so close and it was time for break....i went outside, and called back a recovering friend that i had just missed...hes been using about the same time i have but recently hes turned to other things....worse things. So i was shocked when the words "im staying clean today" came out of his mouth, and hes kicking this cold turkey. i can only imagine how sick he is cuz weve all gone through it. well by the end of the conversation he talked me into taking the suboxone.. it was still in the back of my head for the rest of the night so i hung out with some sober friends from work until about 3am..i cant remember the last time i went out sober and laughed so much i woke up this morning and still it is in the back of my head..but ive decided im not going to let this run my life anymore and i cant give up this easily...i completed day 3 yesterday. im off to get a coffee.....thanks for all the love and support....without you people i would still be lying about being clean, and wondering deep down if i can really beat this
Old 07-11-2005, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Congrats on day 3! That's awesome, just knowing you can make it 3 days should convince you this thing is doable. Hang in there and stick with your sober friends!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Congrats ETAC !!!!
You made it through a tough spot and stayed clean, that is really cool...
Continue to hang with your clean friends, like Chy said, and your days will continue to add up.
Why use, when you have the suboxone to help you get through?? You don't need to, and you didn't.. I have lately been having some cravings for the first time since being on the sub. (which I have been on for about 2 months) But I really want to stay clean, I want to be a "normal" person with a "normal" life. Yes, there is no "normal" but to ME normal is not using.. Getting a life that doesn't require me to use drugs when things aren't going right in my life. Normal to me is, working through my anger and problems, not using to forget them.. That's the life I want.

Congrats on 3 days... You are making it, YOU CAN DO THIS, you are proving it through the past 3 days, keep going...

Love, Becky
Old 07-11-2005, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why use, when you have the suboxone to help you get through?? You don't need to, and you didn't..
when i get the feeling i want to use ill lie to anyone, myself, my family my friends, anyone...most of the time i dont stop wanting to use until i use, and nothing specific causes it, people keep telling me to fight and not give up...unfortunately i dont think of it as fighting, once the wheels start turning they dont stop....until recently anyways, these past 3 days are then only times ive ever been able to stop my craving and bite the bullet, sometimes it just hits harder than other times.. the only difference between now and then is i actually want to get clean...i couldnt cope with letting myself down now..and i especially wouldnt feel good coming on here saying ive failed, or even worse lying...im not going to stop fighting. i have a community to back me up and break my falls, and newly aquired friends to help me through.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congrad's on day 3 !
Old 07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I_am_tj

Way to go on 3 days!! Great thing is we are all in on this together and have
each other to lean on. I feel the same way you do about SR, what a fantsatic
bunch of people!

Old 07-12-2005, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

good job!!!!
thats the way we do it, one day at a time. Gotta go through it, can't go over it, can't go under it...gotta go through it
way to go on 3 days, keep on keepin on!!!
hugs & hugs, Wendy
Old 07-13-2005, 03:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats on day 3
Old 07-13-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

day 3 is awesome. You can do this! Just
keep taking the small steps as they are
presented to you.