Notices

First Stop

Old 07-08-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Stop

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here I just joined this site tonight and this forum is my first stop.

I've been sober for 20 days. It honestly hasn't been hard for me YET, but then again, I felt so awful physically and mentally, that I could not take it anymore. I HAD to stop drinking.

I know eventually I'll get the cravings. I'll think I can go back. I'll think I can have a few beers one night and then be able to stop. But fact of the matter is, I finally have come to terms with the fact that I CANNOT stop drinking once I start.

Well.....looking forward to getting to know all of you. I'm sure I'll read many inspirational stories here
Old 07-08-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Hello Lively! Let me be the first to welcome you to SR!! Glad you found us. My name is Laura and I am a gratefully recovering alkie/pothead with a precious 16 months clean and sober. This site is full of wonderful, supportive people. Hang out for a while and let us get to know you!

Hugs--
Old 07-08-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello and Welcome!

AA is where I learned how to quit and stay quit.

Support groups are a great source of understanding and knowledge. IMO

Congratulations on starting sobriety.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hi Lively!

Welcome and congrad's on your day's! Great ! Looking foward to getting to know you. Bless, Trish
Old 07-08-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome!

hello lively, good to see the forums popping with action from all these people taking a stand today...as i am one of them...stick around...this place turned a miserable day for me into one full of posotive's and i can't thank all of you enough good night everyone and be ever so safe.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi lively, welome to SR.

nogard
Old 07-09-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome to SR! Keep those "can't" thoughts in the foreground, they'll save you should the old demon starts tapping you on the shoulder trying to convince you otherwise. Congrats on 20 days!
Old 07-09-2005, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

Congratulations on the decision to change.

I felt so awful physically and mentally, that I could not take it anymore
That empty, useless feeling was one of my big motivators to quit.

Recovery has been awesome, but there can be periods where that useless, empty, "whats the use?" feeling comes back even during our abstinance from alcohol and drugs. For me those were the days I had to comcentrate most on the fact that if I remained straight. just for today, it was a victory even if that was the only accomplishment of the day.

I think it's important that this isn't overlooked from day 1. Sobriety/ abstinance is just that. While it can be the key to a changed life. The only thing guaranteed by my tenacity to hang on to recovery come hell or high water is that I will be straight to deal with whatever else life hands me.

Again welcome! and keep coming back.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Lively and Welcome!!

You sound like me! I knew I had to stop - I was a wreck emotionally (trying to hold it all together on the outside), and finally decided that I had had enough.

By the grace of God, support from SR and AA, I just passed 5 months of sobriety. Stick around!!
JMHS
Old 07-09-2005, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I definately will stick around. I do not ever want to go back to feeling so miserable again. Life looks and feels so much better sober
Old 07-09-2005, 10:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Lively,

I stopped myself because I was so sick of being sick and tired. This is a great place to start getting sober and a great place to keep coming back to.

And Jmhs002, great to see you are still hanging in there at 5 months. I just passed the 5 month mark myself!

Great to have you here Lively!

Daniel.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery and congrats on 20 days.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Jup!!

Glad you're still around - many have come and gone since we started here. Good to see the cork is still in the bottle! Take Care.
JMHS
Old 07-20-2005, 07:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Midas

Hey Lively!! Congrats on the 20 days so far. Welcome aboard to SoberRecovery and all that stuff. There's a jug-full 200-PROOF sobriety on these boards. Lots of Experience, Strength, & Hope!!