home at lunch......

Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry home at lunch......

stay tuned tonight for my off topic RANT about annoying co workers!!! right before i left we got into a heated debate over immigrants in this country, minorities...what they supposedly get and dont get.........the bottom line is whether i disagree or agree, i HAVE TO DISAGREE just because this person ANNOYS the hell out of me!!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ok--has anyone ever dealt with a person like this? pushy pushy pushy......you cant have a conversation without that voice interrupting from behind the wall.....with a comment or question. this person has been there, done that, knows EVERYTHING about it. will argue and argue that they are right. today, she is INSISTING that she used to work in one of the government agencies with food stamps,etc....and that she knows FOR A FACT, that minorities would come in making 10.00 an hour,DOCUMENTED..(yeah right--especially here in the south), and still get aid. just because they are minorities.
i know many people believe this, but i dont buy into it. but whatever,its beside the point, as is the whole debate we had over so much.
as i said, i want to disagree just to disagree because she is so darn pushy. the first week she came there when i offered to get her online, she wanted me to write down my passcode,and when i said i was uncomfortable doing that because it wasnt even my account, she still pushed. to the point,i ended up giving in.....and then changing it later that night. couple days later she pushed herself and two guys on me when i was at lunch.
anybody else know anyone like this? and how do you deal with it? also seems she doesnt take hints, or get insulted very easily.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I use a simple "thank you for sharing that", a "Oh, really" or a "how intereresting" and then just return to my conversation.

Ten bucks an hour in my area would possibly leave you homeless.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ahe yes,da pushy folks.They don't hear,or very seldom ..listen,,,to others,for they are so much into themselves,and of course thinking they are....right....all my judgemtns of course...lol...However i don't have to play.Looking for my part in it all.First ive learned to stay emotionally detached.Have to,for i could really get into it with them,and be just like them,trying to be...right..Then 2 of us are going at it strong.I teach folks how to treat me,by my behaviour.Pushy, know -all folks, i be assertive.with...When another starts asking questions as im still talking, i immedally stop talking.Look them straight in their eyes,with a shocked silence..If this doesn't work i announce,you have just interruped me as im speaking?silence again..If they,stop i continue on.If they continue,i walk away...Actions speak louder than words do.I enjoy exchaning ideas,beliefs,,etc with folks.The pushy folks don't bother much with me today.Because i don't play their game,.And here was a huge lesson for me.I just don't have to play.And i don't have the need for them to see im right.If they want me to do something that i feel i don't want to do,No means no.If they don't hear,then,i do the action thing again,and just don't do it.I will explain myself,if i feel i want to,if not they can go by my actions.Pushy folks remain pushy because folks have let them,and it works.When they see it doesnt work with me,they either go to another,or they just stop being pushy with me.Today i have good friends,who in the past have pushed, me around. .Until i got so pissed of at them and me,that i figued changes had to be made.First i wanted them to change,which they didn't..lol.So i figued id best change.And i have,by being more assertive.Not rude,but assertive,that yea,we are equals.And ya know they respect this.They hear and listen to actions.Well most do...smile...I don't take them so seriously ,or even the ones that don't catch on.There must be a reason that they don't.But no matter,most, folks do understand actions.My actions are clear.