You told me so . . .

Old 07-04-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You told me so . . .

Oh well, I tried. I tried to be a good wife and trust him again but I don't understand the mentality of an alcoholic. I don't understand how he can lie to someone his loves for 2 weeks. Then this morning comes around. He tells me that I'm a lousy mom, a piece of Sh##, a f###### cu##. Why? He woke me up to this kind of crap!!! I was suppose to work for 5 hours from 8:15 am to 2:00 pm. Unfortunately, I didn't make it here until 12:00. Why? Because I was trapped in my own house. I was treated like a dog!! I was treated like an animal by being locked into closets and bathrooms. My phones torn up. My cell phone hidden from me!! All so that he could save his marriage. What marriage?? I finally got out and came to work but I had to leave my baby with this crazy idiot!! There's broken glass all over my bedroom floor where he threw glass picture frames at the wall. My God, once while I was trapped in the closet I heard the baby playing in the glass. Does he care?? No I told him to let me out so that I could get the baby. Finally, he did it. He put the baby in the play pen and then forced me in to the bathroom. Where I was told to remove my wedding rings or he'd take the baby and leave with him. He tried unsuccessfully to kill himself with the cord from curling iron!! Then told me that he would he would leave I told him great!!! Then when he realized that I wanted him to leave and would be fine with that he told me that he was taking the baby with him. He literally punched himself in the face and busted his lip so that if the police arrived I would have to go to jail. The only thing I done to him was he forced me down the floor then had me held so tight I couldn't breath he shoved this fist up around my mouth and I bit the crap out of him. Didn't draw blood but he did have that proof against me. I kept setting my alarm off on my van hoping the neighbors would call the police since I couldn't get out of my house but unfortunately again no one called. I wanted them there at least if he had of managed to convince them that I abused him I would have been in a safe place for a few hours. He tells me that he will take the baby if he finds out that I'm filing for divorce. He tells me that he will find me no matter where I go and I will get whats coming to me. I finally had to apoligize for everything to get out!! I just don't know what to do!! I'm really scared!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I'm so sorry

Can you stay with any family or friends? You can get a Restraining Order on him. And if he breaks it, he will be arrested.

Stay safe

(((hugs)))
Old 07-04-2005, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Can you call the police right now? Thats what I would do.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kimmy, get yourself to a yellow pages and find a women's shelter. They can help you and that's what they're there for.
I'm sorry that you had to go through all this.
Do whatever it takes to keep you and your baby safe.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

GABE said it all:

Do whatever it takes to keep you and your baby safe.

WHERE is the baby? With you or with him?

Call a shelter.
Go to family or friends.
Take the baby, go to the police station and make a report.
Get a hotel room.

Please let us know you're safe.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Kimmy

As Gabe said, please call a woman's shelter today and get yourself and the baby there. If needed they can help you get the baby. They can keep you safe and help you stay safe and connect you with all kinds of people and agencies that can help you. I volunteer at one and I promise you that if you can get yourself and your baby there, even with just the clothes on your back, you WILL be looked after and safe.

Neither you nor your baby are safe with this man. Please understand that, abuse gets worse not better and you may not get the chance next time or your baby may be hurt or worse.

Make the call Kimmy, do whatever you have to do but get yourself someplace safe today. Nothing else matters.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-04-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Kimmy)))

You don't have to live this way. I know that you feel trapped because of your eldest son, but there must be some help available for you. Call the shelter - they will have details I'm sure.

National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY: 1-800-787-3224.

Info on ROs - http://www.womenslaw.org/TN/TN_how_to.htm

Stay safe.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 07-04-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OMG Your hubby sounds just like mine when he is drunk. Liveing the way we do isint fit for a dog.I pray u and your baby will be safe.**{HUG'S To You}}
Old 07-05-2005, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

All of you guys are the greatest!! My boss saw how upset I was yesterday and has some rental property close to where he lives. He has offered me a place to stay until I can get things going with a divorce and retraining order. This way I won't have to worry about him coming in while I'm sleeping and hurting me or taking my baby. My AH will be good for a few days or weeks. This will give me plenty of time to get my "ducks in a row". I have an appointment with an attorney on Friday and intend to get advise from him. My house is owned by my mother (for this reason), I'm renting to own it and I will be back in my house with both of my children once he is evicted and restrained from coming back. Thanks everyone for listening!!! I love him but I feel that so much of my love for him has died because of his drinking.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((kimmy))) - sorry i didn't see your post sooner. i am so glad you are taking measures to keep you and your children safe! i am so sorry for the violence you have had to witness. prayers to you and your children.

hugs - chris
Old 07-05-2005, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Binge poster

I'm so glad to hear that you will be safe.

Good for you for knowing you deserve so much better and good for your boss for being a good good person.

That's a relief!

Jane
xxx