since you're gone.....(the cars)

Old 07-01-2005, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

since you're gone.....(the cars)

since the AH has been out it has been really surprising that i can smell these smelly smells now! i got in the van and had to ask "Who has been smoking in the van?"

the couch cover smelled like smoke. his chair smelled like smoke. he took his pillows with him- boy are those some nasty looking things- big giant brown spots from his sweaty stinking head (after going to the bar or smoking pot)- or else it was dribblin' out of his mouth while he slept.

anyway it came as a surprise that my house and furniture smelled that way! i never realized it until he was out of the house! of course HE always smelled-

i'm wondering now if he may have been the cause of my daughter's allergies- we'll see if she greatly improves as she seems to have right now.....
Old 07-01-2005, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I have a good nose for smoke. I have had Asthma most of my life; and the smell really bothers me. I went to apply for a job the other day in a place that was a smoking enviroment. I was only in there for maybe 5 minutes, and I came out smelling like smoke and I could almost taste it...YUCKKK!!!!

No offense to smokers; but I think people should keep it outside.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just wrote a reply and found I was not signed in, this is strange as on front page I am signed in, but on each topic I am not. ????

Anyway my rant and rave soapboxes are about allergies, chemical sensitivities and smoking and second hand smoke right up there with alcoholism.

Savana is correct we need smoking sections entirely seperate. business places should be non-smoking, what makes me sicker is perfumes, and scented body lotions, etc. etc. but no brain washing has been done on that cause no smoke curling up from those things.
I think smokers are now treated like the blacks used to be treated,

What makes me so angry is Alcohol is our biggest health problem, but no doubt the people who run society all drink. (except GWB and Vice Pres.)

Think of the family members that resort to Rx drugs due to anxiety, depression etc, caused by a family members drinking.??? Childern hurt emotionally.

They scream about obessity, well stress causes people to eat and eat.
What about families suffering thru a drunk driver killing someone?? There is probably 2 sets of parents, the parents of the drunk plus the parents of the deceased still some grandparents, cousins, nieces and nephews etc. etc. One set going truu grief for lose and other bearing grief of a person in prison.

Then too, the police don't get called out when someone smokes too many cig.

People are in wheel chairs because of alcohol.

Anyway back to the topic of your home and car. The smoke gets in everywhere.
I would open every window and use fans to air out some.

I smoke, but have quit several times, so I know how terrible it smells.

I was joking, but told an allergy Dr. that I smoked to mask my sensitivities to toxin's in the enviroment. He had a young Dr. in training with him. He turned to her and said, "she is right, but we cannot recomend it." Most would never have admited that, and I would never recomend it. I think I took him by suprise, he will be prepared next time to side step.

I use soda and vinigar for all my cleaning. I would be more cocerned with food allergies in your daughter, and furniture polish, things like lysol, perfumes of any kind even in hand lotions.
I even use white vinagar for clothes rinse, hopeing it cuts some of the smoke smell, but I am not sure, you could prob tell.

I can walk thru cow patties and pig pens and feel fine, but man made chemicals make me feel terrible.

Hope I don't get barred from this site for these remarks not totally dealing with alcoholism, but everything is related isn't it???? The AA big book says, "we found we were allergic to alcohol". My Clinical Ecologist said too, we crave what we are allergic to. but he said also we might hate what we are allergic to. I hated carrotts, sure enough I tested allergic.

Best I cut this off. clancy46
Old 07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I so agree with much of your rant, Clancy 46.

I stay out of department stores that have large cosmetic departments...all the scents in the air make it almost impossible to breathe!

except GWB
I am one of the non-believers about this.
Here is a man (with a DUI in his past) with panic buttons at his fingertips yet managed to pass out and fall flat on his face after choking on a pretzel watching football. Experience teaches me there was a six pack or two involved.

escape artist-you have identified a "bonus". Without him, life SMELLS better! WOOHOO!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WTL
Your comment on GWB is a thought that keeps running through my mind too. ????
I am glad to know someone else had that thought. Hope and Pray we are wrong.
Thanks for your post.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I live in Delaware and a couple of years ago our governor made us a "smoke free" state. No smoking in bars, restaurants, businesses, etc. Right before that she also passed a law allowing liquor stores to be open on Sunday (had never been allowed before). Now we can have even more drunk driving on the weekends. They really don't have to worry about running out of booze. Not that it mattered since we live close to Maryland which sold beer and wine on Sundays' anyway. Now to really get on my high horse, and it's OK in Delaware to keep a dog on a chain no more than 6 feet long. That is what really burns me up. Take care of the drunks but don't worry about a defenseless dog.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabies
That is what really burns me up. Take care of the drunks but don't worry about a defenseless dog.
Good point! I totally agree with you..
Old 07-02-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LOVEMYFURBABIES... Life and rules are soo unfair. I too love dogs.
I find I can't like people that have never loved a dog.

We pretty well can guess that most of our congress love their drinks.
Liquer lobbiest probably only have to keep them in constant supply to keep them from looking in their direction. Even those who don't drink can use it as a tool to soften up those who do.

Alcohol is one of our best medicines, if one can stick to just one or two drinks, and AA never says anyone should not drink, fine with them if it doesn't cause a problem.

I think it would be great if they made them quit advertising any where as they did cig. and sue them for medical coverage as they claimed to do with tobacco. i know our state did not use the tobacco money as they should have. GRRRRR
Old 07-02-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i have been tempted to go change those big Budweiser billboards to read BudStupider. do you think anyone would notice?
Old 07-02-2005, 04:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

escape artist, I'll hold the flashlight and be lookout if you do it at night!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 02:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll bring the ladder and hold it.