Notices

New here.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here.

Hello to everyone. I just registered here and I was wondering what I should tell you guys/gals about myself. Suggestions please.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

First off, welcome to SR!!! Glad you found us.

As far as telling us about yourself, why not start with why you decided to come to a recovery website? And what you hope to find here.

It's nice to meet you.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I decided to come here because I need to talk to some people that are in the same situation that I am in. I am 27 years old and I got clean 35 days ago. I was using oxycontin heavily for the past 5 years. Before the oxys it was cocaine and alcohol. Even after this long of being clean I an still having cravings for oxys almost daily. I would love to know how long it will take for them to go away.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey there, WELCOME!!

You have found a wonderful site, with angels that are willing to listen and help. People here are really great!! Can't say enough good stuff about this site!!

I'd like to welcome you around the board to. There are all sorts of different forus here at SR. Feel free to post in anything that suits you. We are all just here to get help, and give hope...

I am a recovering pain pill addict, any type really, I used them all.... I have been clean for like 79 days. I don't keep real good track of the number of days. i just know I have been clean this time, since April 6th of this year. I am working really, really hard on sobriety. I have a history of relapse, a long one. To long. But I am sticking here at this site, and getting alot of help, and I am going to make it this time. You can too!! I hang out mostly down in the substance abuse forum, but there are alot of great forums here.

Some of our memebers are in New York for the weekend, havign the first annual Soberrecovery round-up. Meeting eachother. So cool, I would hav eloved to have gone.

Welcome, Love Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm an alcoholic but I wanted to welcome you and wish you well. You'll find loads of support and inspiration here. You might also like to check out the forum on Substance Abuse on this board where you'll find lots of info.

Anna
Old 06-24-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How long did your relapses last? Before you used again did you think you could do it just 1 time and be fine? Then it turned into a addiction again?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Exdeath,

SR is a great place to supplement your recovery strategy. Its been a life saver for me. I am not familiar with Oxy, I took other pills. I know that it is a very strong addiction and withdrawal is difficult. It sounds like you are suffering more from the mental side of withdrawal... at least I am guessing that after 35 days you are thru the thick of the physical. My initial thought is to get to an NA meeting. It will put you in face to face contact with other addicts which is critical to remaining clean especially in the beginning. Im so glad you found SR. Keep posting and reading. There are great people here who will be along with some more specific advice. Congradulations on choosing a better life for yourself. You can do it.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes I am 100% off the physical part, but the mental is 1000x worse. I really dont want to go to any type of treatment for this because my employeer would really frown on it. I've done it by myself for this long I just hope I can keep it up.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey, are you looking to try just one? Believe me it doesn't work. I spun back into adiction, with just one use. Everytime. It took me a while to come back. But I alwys came back. But it leads to all those dreaded withdrawls all over again....

Love, Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 01:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by angelgirl
Hey, are you looking to try just one? Believe me it doesn't work. I spun back into adiction, with just one use. Everytime. It took me a while to come back. But I alwys came back. But it leads to all those dreaded withdrawls all over again....

Love, Becky
So you are saying that if I used again the withdraw would start all over the very next day??
Old 06-24-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Yes, it did for me. Then I would do just another day, and just one more, and so on....

I just got done posting in your other thread, and it is a vicious cycle, that only you can stop. You are far into it, it will get easier. Just do't, don't pick up again.....

Can you call a local help line? there are plenty of mental heath clinics that offer counseling by drug and alcohol counselors. Can you check some of them out?
What about Narcotics Anonymous, many, many people find recovery, and stay clan through them.

Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 01:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I don't know about the withdrawals. I have never tried oxys. But I know if you even just use today, you will be giving up everything you have worked for so far. It is NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Why would your employer frown on you going to meetings? Most employers would have no problem with an employee seeking help for and addiction. The problems come when you don't get help and stay sick.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes you withdraw all over again. Not to harp at all but you know NA is an anonymous program. I go and my boss has no idea....
Old 06-24-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

You may want to post in the substance abuse forum. That is a great place to post also. There are alot of people here that are going through what you are, or have years clean from pain killers.

I have to go take my son to the store. Please just keep posting... You CAN do this!! Love, Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LettingGo
Yes you withdraw all over again. Not to harp at all but you know NA is an anonymous program. I go and my boss has no idea....
Thats a huge deterrent in even thinking about using again.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Yes, it is, I don't want to ever have to go through it again...... I've come to far.. So have you...... Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 02:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh I know it is. I have to remember the hell of that to keep from jumping back into the insanity over and over and over. I cling to the "one day at a time" saying at times. It is even "one minute at a time" sometimes. Helps me to not bite off more than I can chew.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi exdeath, welcome to SR.

nogard
Old 06-24-2005, 04:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi ex,
We're glad your here, check out our Substance Abuse and NA forum, I know that for my addiction (alcohol) I needed and still need a means of live support. I hope you'll look into that, there are many alternatives.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Hello Welcome To The Site

Glad You're Here

Chris