Notices

things are not good

Old 06-21-2005, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

things are not good

hey guys....i know i havnt been around much, in fact i'm sure no one even know me. that's ok. i'm not one to ask for help but i will admit that i need it now. i was doing so well. i was 6 weeks sober from alcohol, then i decided to drink, because i've been having some employment problems and one friday night i figured what the hell i'll have a few drinks. that was one month ago and since then i've drinking every night. i don't drink during the day because of my job, i love it and would never risk it, but every night when i get home i crack open the wine, or the vodka. i never get too bad. i never black out or serious stuff like that, i know to always stop by around 10pm but between 6pm and 10pm every night i'm drinking, not a few either but a lot. i know this is bad. :er:

i know i need help, i actually want help this time, but i'm alone. none of my family members know about my problem. my mum drinks almost as much as me so she has no idea, my dad has his own problems, my sister supports and loves me so much that im sure she would never think or worry i was going through any of this. so you see, i can't tell me family, not yet anyway. i have to do the hard stuff myself.

so after that long and probably boring post, i'm back ( heh I'm drunk now, BAD i know ) and i do want to change. i don't want to live like this. i want a better life.

thanks to whoever read all of that.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spirit

hi mate, i am in perth

now dont beat yourself up over this ok, stuff happens, and when you are ready you will stop again, that is ok, as long as you know that is what your really want, you will get there.

hugs to you (reading from the other side of our country)

kath
Old 06-21-2005, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi nasta,

Welcome back. I am in Melbourne and have been sober for 31 days. Being able to use this board has been amazing. Your drinking sounds much like mine used to be. Stick around and nice to see you here.

nogard
Old 06-21-2005, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back, im glad you are wanting to get sober again, the best disision!! have you tried AA?? its the only thing that has worked for me

Good luck and take care, bonnie,xxx
Old 06-21-2005, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Hang in there, Natsta. The first thing I would suggest is to get rid of all the alcohol in the house. Do you think you can do that? The next thing I would suggest is to not allow yourself to go buy more. Then I would suggest getting to an AA meeting as soon as possible. If you feel you can't do the first two suggestions yet, then skip them and just do the third! You can go to AA without having stopped drinking yet. Many people do. There, you will find people who know exactly what you are going through and can help you make a plan to stop. In the meantime, keep posting here. As you can see, we are here for you and will not judge you. Just hang on to your conviction that you want and deserve a better life!

Hugs--
Old 06-21-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome

back to SR!

As 6 to 10 are your drinking hours...plan something to do that does not have drinking involved.
AA meetings are a grand idea and you will find others there to support you.

Keep trying...you can do this!
Old 06-21-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Midas

If at first you don't succeed...keep banging your head against the wall! Getting sober isn't pointless, but I know it may seem like it is.

Excerpt from The Big Book, page 58, "How It Works";
If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it--then you are ready to take certain steps.
At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.

You are not alone in your endeavor to get sober!

Page 60;
Many of us exclaimed, “What an order! I can’t go through with it.” Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints. The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines. The principles we have set down are guides to progress. We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.

And you don't have to be perfect, impress the judges, or fix the odds. The only requirement is a desire to quit drinking. That's it.

Get Sober. Stay Sober. Win the Race.

Peace Be With You.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Hey Natsta--greetings from Texas where sobriety is big and so is experience,strength, and hope. The heart that cries out to God is always heard -- and I encourage you to take the suggestions given and get to an AA meeting. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain--keep us posted and please don't give up. And thank you Midas for the excellent quotes from the BigBook--that is so excellent. Blessed Be
Old 06-21-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back Natsta coming back here is a great start on your journey to sobriety your not alone anymore keep posting as you you already know youll great advice and lots and lots of support here at SR ..........look forward to you posting some more love Lulu xxxxxx
Old 06-22-2005, 04:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the lovely replies you guys. Your words of encourgament mean a lot to me.

I have tried AA quite a few times. I don't know if it's just the meetings I've been to but I havn't really thought it was for me. I'm usually the youngest one there and I don't feel like I can relate to the other people. I know that sounds strange seeing as we are all there for the same reason but it is how I have felt at the meetings I've been to.

Last night I did throw out all the alcohol in the house. It was scary doing it but I was also releived. So tonight I am sober. Feeling pretty ****** though, have a shocking headache but I guess that's normal. I'm just going to take things one day at a time. That's all I can do at the moment.

Thanks again you guys!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Good for you! You might want to give AA another try. Try some different meetings and concentrate on the similarities between you and the others there. However, if you are sure AA is not for you, there are other options. Someone will be along to give you links to those other programs. The important thing right now is to not pick up that drink. Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time. Slowly, but surely, it will get better!

Hugs--
Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Midas

The headaches will go away eventually. They suck. Remember though, when you go to meetings,

~focus on the similarities--not the differences
~

Go to different meetings for different groups: Big Book study, open discussion, newcomers, topic-specifics. You don't have to go to the same ones all the time. Immerse yourself in acceptance.

We're Here To Help!

Thanks QueenShenique

Old 06-22-2005, 08:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

There are other alternatives to meetings as well. Check out this web site for links to a number of 12step alternative programs. http://rrci.net/recovery_spectrum.htm
12 step programs can be very helpful for many people, but are not for everyone. If you do like the 12step format but the age issue is an issue you may want to try NA. NA considers alcohol a drug, so you would qualify for membership there as well and meetings tend to skew much younger. Some meetings get funny about people introducing themselves as alcoholics instead of addicts, so try to go with the flow if you go that route. It's only verbage, but when in rome....Take care