Notices

newbie to sobriety + SR

Old 06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newbie to sobriety + SR

Hi everyone. I'm 16 and this marks the...14th day im sober technically. Sounds more impressive than it is... as 13 days of them i was at camp and had no possible way to NOT be sober. a good way to start me off, though.

I've been doing drugs-drinking since about October and it got out of hand FAST. like doing it every waking moment type out of hand. for the past 4-5 months i was doing coke, and finally i realized i had a problem. as i totally hated the high, and kept swearing i'd quit, but i always did it moments after my promise.

so now im trying to quit, have my first meeting with Nar-Anon tomorrow, first youth group on Wednesday, and basically have been at home for the past 2 days since camp trying to be sober. :-)

<33
Old 06-20-2005, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Surfergirlie17! Welcome 2 SR! Congrats on your 14 days clean! Keep it up! Good luck with your first NA meeting tomorrow. You will find that for the most part everyone at the meetings are really nice and very welcoming. If you need to talk feel free to PM me.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Surfergirlie17, I'm so glad you are here! It is good that you realized you had a problem before it destroyed everything. Good luck at the meeting! Reaching out is always a good thing--so much to be learned.

Coke was my DOC too , but tomorrow will be one week free from the poison. If I can do it, I know you can.

PM if you need to.

Take care,
Cheryl
Old 06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi surfergirlie.

congrats on your 14 days! Try and say hi to a few people in that NA meeting tomorrow --- good luck!

Liz