I've got a question...

Old 10-23-2002, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've got a question...

Do you all think my medicine I have been taking (celexa) could be like numbing me emotionally?? I guess what I mean is that like I have met a new person in my life who I am talking too, plan on going out with, and I am afraid my medicine has me feeling a little cut off from developing feelings for someone, or becoming emotionally involved? Get what I mean? I used to be a really emotional person, I'm not that anymore. It has done wonders for me as far as my x-A is involved. I just don't know. Has anyone else experienced this? Hope everyone is well....
Old 10-23-2002, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Bonbon,

I have been taking celexa for the past 2 or 3 years. And, like you, it has really helped me to deal with my Ex and his rages etc.

I experienced a lot of pain and grief in my marriage, and I discovered that I had built some walls of protection around myself and my heart so I wouldn't be hurt again. It took some recovery for me to learn to trust again, and to allow myself to be vulnerable to someone else. When the time came, I was able to fall in love again but in a more mature and trusting manner.

I have tried a few times (unsuccessfully) to go off of the celexa on my own. If I decide to try it again, i will DEFINITELY do so under the care & supervision of my doctor.

Good luck with this new person.
Osier59
Old 10-23-2002, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

Hi bon bon

, Ok here's a thought , How about u have done wonders with u, The meds have helped u deal with ur A's moods and helped make u feel ligter about life , but ur the one who's done the wonders, i think what ur feeling is normal, ur not rushing in , Its great that u met someone and r going to go out with them , maybe your just allowing yourself time ans space to go with the flow and see what happens

Im really rooting for u, and hope it all goes well u deserve it, enjoy,
big hugs spin
Old 10-23-2002, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Bonbon,

I have been taking Celexa for about 6 months and I have still had some emotional highs and lows, but less so and not as often. I am still participating in all areas of my life I am just not crying all the time. I can't believe it would numb you to that point.

And O...what do you mean "Tried unsuccessfully to go off it" ???

Hugs,
JT

Good luck to you Bonbon!
Old 10-23-2002, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

In my case numb has always meant that I'm in auto protect. You've been through a great deal of stress and now is a time to heal.

Enjoy the friendship and give yourself some time.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-23-2002, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

And the Celexa is like automatic vs stick...it is not as hard to operate.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Bonbon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ummmmmmmm if you mean you are feeling sexually low YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ask any doc and they will tell you that it takes down your sexul drive.( I don't take them, but I just had a talk last week with my doctor about Celexa.) Which does in turn make us interrested : ) This is the down side of any anti-D. : (
Love Kitty
I think they should invent horny pills LOLOL : )))))