The "A" is out of detox

Old 10-22-2002, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Post The "A" is out of detox

Well, I never thought I would live an experience like I have in the last few days! I have seen you guys write about detox etc, and never first hand experienced it.
As some may know my A had a seizure from cgoing cold turley last weekend with his daughter. He was brought to a detox center and spetn just two days there, which seemd to hin like a year and me too!
I visited him on both days and today took him to another doctor at a major hospital her and had dinner with him. The doctor was was so tough, I am thankful I don't drink! It all came down to the A not going into the program that the doc wanted him which is full time but instead taking the evening 4 night and Sat. program. He is also going into couselling.
Can he makeit? I don't know...it was pretty humbled by everythging, as he almost died and they have told him he is VERY sick. Sicker than he knows.
It was harder on me than I thought, I can't say that I look at him and feel wow zing...love, but I have love for him. I wanted to help him, he cried so much it was hard for me not to be as loving as I wanted. But I KEPT my boundries and stayed the caring friend role. He tells me he will NOT let our marriage go, well that is a two way street he may not, but I may have to.
Right now I am trying not to upset him, face it he is my financial support....shallow but true.
One of the worst things I did notice was how anxious I was around him, that OLD feeling of uncertainty...I hate that...that all ties into my panic attacks. I told him that to.
For all of you out there with family in those centers...my prayers, it was not a good thing to see.
Love to all
Kitty
Old 10-22-2002, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Kitty,

My son's rehab was where they filmed One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. It was a very spooky place. It had a crematorium and everything.

I just sat there and laughed thinking about what a life I've had and what am I doing here.

You try to get off the roller coaster and then a crisis happens and you find yourself right back on again. I'll be glad when I learn not to get back on.

I've always hated roller coasters. I went on the world's largest roller coaster when I was 4 years old. What was my father thinking. He had to slap me to get me out of hysterics. They used to do that in those days. It was horrible and still is.

You're doing good. I know someone who is clean and sober who went through those siezures for a year. I think they are what finally got him to the point to sober up.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-22-2002, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

: ) MG.
I never liked roller coasters either ! I did feel that way today.....but I feel I really have some what of a head on my shoulders today...God only knows why. But I am not buying into him as badly as he wants me to...
I am going to the meetings and keeping myself "safe" from emotional fishing rods!
Love Kitty
Old 10-22-2002, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Good for you Kitty,

I haven't been doing so good lately. I think I got back on the ride and am working to get back off.

I'm in a little bit of a fog here.

You sound really good.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-22-2002, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My brother took me to a big fair when I was about 8 and he bought two tickets each to the roller coaster so we could go twice. I screamed...just one long continuous scream non stop, the whole first time around. We got off without the second trip.

I don't want another trip on this roller coaster either.

You're doing okay Kitty - the caring friend role is less traumatic, but when the panic hits, have a safe place to calm down.

My sons rehabs have been nice places...I wouldn't mind a stint there myself...just feed me, look after me and talk nice to me.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

HUGS all around.

You guys are my rock, and you seem to be rockin and rollin a bit. Its good to know we can come back here and get grounded, and get a solid perspective on our lives again. I am sorry for what you are going thru with the detox, but thank GOD he has somewhere to be where he can (maybe) get help and you have a program to work.

LOVE you lots, and keeping you and the A in my prayers.

Osier59
Old 10-22-2002, 09:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just a word of advice from experience. When you get off the roller coaster, make sure you get over the dizziness before you go wandering around the fairgrounds. You do NOT want to walk into the Sideshow by mistake.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Maybe they'd pay me

Old 10-23-2002, 04:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
believer

(Sigh...) Now it's all making sense to me - I LOVE rollercoasters!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hi kitty,
wish someone would paste this to my forehead. hp work, his hp. hands off the A, take care of kitty. friends, support group, family, dr., prayers, run away, detach with the greatest of love. let this man walk his path to recovery. i'm sure he's petrified and so are you because of your relationship. panic attacks? i've got them too, there is help for you out there and in here. i'll pray for you
hugs from sugar
Old 10-23-2002, 10:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

ur doing good

Hi kitty

Just wanted to say, ur doing really well, Roller coasters tereify me to , give urself a hug its horrid feeling panicky, but you got urself through it , now give yourself a treat

big hug to ya spin