What will Father's Day bring?

Old 06-19-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What will Father's Day bring?

AH had been doing pretty well - attending AA meetings but the past few days has slipped back into the old habits (hard). my stepdaughter has not been around for months due to his drinking. she does not know about dui and it's not my place to tell her (i don't think). he's up "crashing right now and she's to come over at 3pm. i feel so sad that it will end up being another disappoinment for her if he's not with the program. i guess we'll ust have to play "wait & see"! the mixture of sadness & anger are boiling up but i am going to go work it off in the yard doing some digging! wish me prayers & serenity guys - i'll need an extra dose!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope everything goes well today. Maybe you and the SD will have to enjoy each others company instead.

Thinking of you.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yeah - she will more than likely be disgusted and probably leave - if he is not with it i hope SHE lets him know again that she cannot tolerate being around him when he's drinking. it's not my place to tell him and he doesn't want to hear it from me anyway.

thanks for the thoughts!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thoughts and prayers going out to you Chris!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope the best thing that can happen happens. Look after yourself through it Cwohio, I know it's hard not to but don't take on too much of her hurt. I took on a bit too much of D's Mum's hurt and it didn't do either of us any good - feel free to remind me of this before we go to see them at the end of the month!!
Old 06-19-2005, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SD called before she was to come over asking "how is dad?" (meaning has he been drinking) i told her to talk to him and make her own decision. she is not coming today - he said she is coming over tomorrow.

boy did i get alot of yard clean up done today (good frustration release for me!)