AH has moved out

Old 06-18-2005, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH has moved out

I am so proud of myself for setting boundaries with my husband though it has not been w/out some mixed feelings. Today he moved into his own apt. I told him after he left rehab for the 2nd time he could not come back.

Today for the first time in a long time I have felt some peace w/my self and my life even though it is not what I would have wanted or imagined for myself.

I am reading teh Alanon literature and have gone to two meetings. I plan on going back. I am also seeing a counselor as well on a weekly basis. I have good family support and they are calling frequently to check on me.

I am not feeling like I need to control my AH anymore. That is a good feeling. Whatever he does, he does, I have no control over the situation. It's not my fault either that he is an alcoholic.

I just pray a lot and hope things do turn out for the best.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

That's awesome that you have stuck to your boundaries; it's not an easy thing to do for us codies.

I know where I'm at right now isn't were I imagined myself. I thought by now I would be married to my Abf and starting a family, but I'm sure were I'm at today is the best place for me now. I guess my HP lead me here for some reason.

That must be so nice to have supportive family members. I always wished my family could be that way; but they're to selfish.

I think there is a lot more of life out there for you to see. A more peaceful way to live, sounds like you have found that already!!

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Old 06-18-2005, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice
Old 06-18-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Very nice...

Allowing things to happen as they are going to anyway...priceless.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am very happy that you have found some peace. Your post sounds peaceful to. I haven't gone to my first meeting yet...it's on Tues....what was yours like???. Did you leave with a positive feeling???...I'm just curious.

I hope everything stays good on your end and it's always nice to have family support. You sound like a stronge lady!!!!!!!:congrats

stressed 1