need to be here too

Old 06-18-2005, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need to be here too

i am an alcoholic working on soberity, i woke up in a fog this morning and realized that one of the reasons i drank last night and on other times is that my partner had been drinking, i am thinking that i need to do work in al-anon again; when i first began 12 step programs it was in al-anon and acoa, those programs helped me a lot and i think i need them again
Old 06-18-2005, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, pistol.

Read and post and get settled in. There's always a chair here for you.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 06-18-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, I can tell you I started smoking because my ex smoked. I tried so many things to quit, seeing doctors, using patches, going cold turkey for maybe most a week. But when she comes home and smokes even outside, the smell comes right in, or I see a pack laying on the table just being way too convient, no matter what, I could not get the will to quit. IT also has to do with the fact that I'm afraid I may distance our relationship by quitting I think.

The moment she was out of my life, like a fingersnap, I could quit smoking and I dont care for smoking and I never want to be with a girl for a long term serious relationship who smokes.

So I can relate, I think partner can be a MAJOR influence to any kind of recovery and it makes recovery really really hard.

Best wishes to you
Old 06-18-2005, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CodeMaster

Wow, that is exactly how it feels to me too; i know that my not drinking has helped him cut back some, he isn't drinking as often as he was, i have to concentrate on me and stop letting his behavior be mine

Minnie

thanks for the welcome, i am going to check out some threads here, i know i will get good stuff i can apply to my own situation
Old 06-18-2005, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Welcome pistol! Definatley read some of the posts; they're very helpful.