Notices

gosh i hate this!

Old 06-17-2005, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

Exclamation gosh i hate this!

i dont get cravings but i cant stand the urges i get!!! my fiance was gone last weekend and all i could think about was the fact i could drink and noone would know. i got over that. however. today... my fiance is out for a work funtion at a bar... and i was ok until about an hour ago now i cant stop being upset that i'm "not allowed" to go. my addiction makes me stay home because i know if i go i'll want to drink too. I HATE THIS ADDICTION!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know my opinion already, so I'll just add that I'm proud of your sobriety, and you should be too.

-pedagogue
Old 06-17-2005, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

((((HPierce))))
acceptance, tolerance, faith.
Shalom!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

he's been at the bar since 6pm est time. i just miss going. thanks for the comments
Old 06-17-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I been there.Hang in there Heidi.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Heidi, you know that your feelings are completely normal. It is all just a phase of emotions that you must go thru to learn the lessons involved. Each obstacle that you have to walk thru will provide you with a valuable piece of knowledge that will stay with you forever. You have great strength and you can get thru this. Continue to talk about your feelings and don't keep them inside. Reach out and keep sharing.

And keep on moving on past those urges! Heidi, remember that we are all here for you and support you with everything that is in us!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 06-17-2005, 10:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

one of my sponsor says unless you finally come to the point that you hate this addiction that we will never stay sober so you are probably on the right path
Old 06-18-2005, 06:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

thank you all for your comments. i feel alot better today. although when my fiance got home i wasnt exactly very nice. and i apologized this morning. one thing i did noticed was that when he came home he wouldnt give me a hug or anything... which probably meant he didnt want me to smell the liquor on him. he also when straight to bed and he got home around 11pm. so whatever i'm just glad the night is over with. i have the weekend to stay at home and relax.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you are still OK.

I am going to 2 meetings this weekend. How many are on your agenda?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Good for you I am proud of you to take time for yourself, you know Heidi they say that this is a selfish program and now I am starting to understand that myself, because if I don't take care of me, no one else will. So I think that if you just relax and take it easy, don't struggle, and enjoy the day that the great spirit has given us it will do us some good.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey there! Way to go on not succumbing to your urges and talking it out. That's exactly how we have to do it sometimes...one moment at a time--as you well know.
I'm so proud of you--like I've told you before, you're doing soooo well. God had blessed you with a moment of clarity when you decided to stop drinking and you have held onto it with all of your strength!
One of these days, I'm going to make it back on Tuesdays. My schedule is all over the place now with my new job (did I tell you about that?) and school starting again in about a week.
Heidi--keep it up! You're doing a WONDERFUL job!

Danielle