Notices

Time.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time.

I wish i had the time! Perhaps i do. I might have my priorities wrong? Should i make the time?

Feeling very low. I have gone to bed with my youngest son who is only six weeks. I managed to get hold of a valium i had lying around so am feeling at peace. I called my doctor and asked for some anti depressants but he gave me some speel about doing tests on the thyroid's etc and said i had to wait till Monday whereupon i lost my temper and put the phone down. I'm ******* cross because i had an appointment booked for yesterday but they called me to say the doctor was ill so they would have to postpone till next week. What happens if i was dying? And perhaps i am anyway. I am desperately reaching out to everybody and anybody and still find it hard to find words of expression - my mind is fried at present. I hope i am alright for my children's sake.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jo,

I understand the frustration of reaching out for help and being blocked. Sometimes when you are feeling down it is so hard to reach out and then when you are told to wait it can be so discouraging. All I can say is don't give up. Keep pursuing your dr and talk to him about your issues. If you don't like what he says, try another dr. You deserve to be heard. Frankly I'm really saddened that a dr would turn away a new mother who was calling for help, even if it's only for a few days. There is so much information out right now about postpartum depression and how deadly it can be, I have to wonder. Anyways, you could go to an emergency room or a 'walk-in' clinic if you want to see someone right away.

I wish you well.

Love, Anna
Old 06-17-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jack

Jo...call a family member, sober friend, the AA number in the phone book....somebody.
Think of your children. Yopu know you can make the time. It just seems so overwhelming when you're depressed. I know how it feels. A few months ago I started
feeling depressed more and more each day. I wanted to call my doctor but it was always too much of an effort. Well...I wound up in the local nut ward after I called 911 and told them I was suicidal. Alcohol induced depression. If I had only nmade that phone call when it first started all this BS could have been avoided. You're too precious to your family to do this to yourself. Call now. God bless.
Jack
Old 06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

They often want to do tests before perscribing antidepressants just to make sure the problems are not caused by some physical issue. I know before I went on my meds my doc wanted to do a full work-up to rule out other issues. I don't think he was trying to BS you, anyway it takes awhile for antidepressants to take effect anyway, hope that doesn't depress you more. Hang in there and take care.