I'm back with good news!!!

Old 06-17-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I'm back with good news!!!

Hi! I did find an apartment!!! I just can't believe it!! Things went really well, the weather was so nice I meet so many nice people, and getting away for a few days felt so refreshing! I didn't even think about xabf!

The neighborhood is so cute. It has nothing but 1900 and up renovated and remodeled houses in it. Some of the houses are converted into apartments. Thats how the apt. that I found is set up. It has all orginal hardwood floors, a clawfoot bathtub, and a deck that wraps around the back of the apt. The great thing about it is they accept pets!!! I was so worried I wouldn't find a place that did. So I put a deposit down on the apartment; it looks as though I will be moving in a month! The neighborhood is very quaint and charming; it has a lot of coffee houses and cute little pubs and outside restaurants.

I still can't believe it. I'm excited but still a little overwhelmed, guess I wasn't expecting everything to fall into place so fast. I'm just so excited to move out of this state and start a new life somewhere else!! :hoo

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, they mean so much to me!!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Woo hoo !!! That's wonderful ! I'm so happy for you !!!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, that is great news...I am thrilled for you...I am planning on doing something very similiar next week while on vacation. I am going to Lexington, KY, my family lives about 40 miles south of there. I have a job interview next Tuesday while I am there with a company that sounds fabulous. If they hire me the choice is simple...I move there! If not it will be good to sharpen my interviewing skills haven't been on one in a few years now. The point is I am putting feelers out there for new opportunities....I am just so happy for you!
Love, Patty
Old 06-17-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new adventure!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

I am beyond happy for you. What a wonderful way to start over again. Keep the positive attitude and life will continue to bless you.

Blessings
Old 06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:hoo

It sounds WONDERFUL! Congrats!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That sounds like the coolest place to live!!!! I'm so happy for you! Little coffee shops are great places to go when you just want to get out of the house! Take a book, get a cup of coffee and sit and read!

I'm glad you were able to trust that thing would work out... you are definetely reaping all the rewards of life and you earned every bit of it!

((((SAVANA))))))
Old 06-17-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey I am soooooo pleased!!!!!! Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 06-17-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's great news! Congrats to you!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That sounds so nice! I love hardwood floors and clawfoot bathtubs! The best of luck to you in starting your new life!!! How cool!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

savanah - that sounds sooooo perfect and of course, it was meant to be - your SR family had lots of karma working for you and of course, our HP was definitely looking out for you.

we'll have to have a cyber housewarming for you when you move! lol
Old 06-17-2005, 12:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Child Wisdom

He was just a little boy on the first day of the week. He was wandering home from Sunday School and dawdling along the way. He scuffed his shoes into the grass. He found a caterpillar. He found a fluffy milkweed pod, and blew out all its filler. A bird's nest in a tree overhead, so wisely paced on high, was just another wonder that caught his eager eye.

A neighbor watched his zigzag course and called him from his lawn. He asked him where he'd been and what was going on. I've been to Bible School," he said, and turned a piece of sod. He picked up a wiggly worm, replying: "I've learned a lot about God"

"M'm, very fine way, " the neighbor said, "for a boy to spend his time. If you will tell me where God is, I'll give you a brand new dime."

Quick as a flash the answer came, nor were his words faint. "I'll give you a dollar, Mister, if you can tell me where God ain't."

- Author Unknown
Old 06-17-2005, 01:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

WOOOOOHOOOOO

Amazing how your find what your looking for when you open yourself up to the possibilities.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is fantastic news. I've been waiting to hear how it went. Looks like your HP came through for you, just like mine did when I took the same plunge.

Your new environment sounds amazing. Hope you'll be checking out Al-anon or Coda meetings there too.

Love always

Minnie
xxx
Old 06-18-2005, 03:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Savana 54,I too had been waiting to hear how you were doing. So happy to hear of your news. I think this new place sounds wonderful. Just think a month from now you will be there. All I can say is fate had a way of working it all out for you. That light at the end of the tunnel is showing more brightly for you,isn't it?
Old 06-18-2005, 04:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Looks like your HP came through for you, just like mine did when I took the same plunge.
My higher power came through for me when I took the same plunge a few months ago, too, in every way imaginable. Looking back on it, I don't know why I was so afraid to step out on my own. How could I have doubted my ability to take care of myself when I knew my higher power was always at my side?

Fear of the unknown holds us back and keeps us from growing. When we let go of the fear we stop hiding from life and we start living again.

I'm so happy for you Savannah. Not only did you find a place of your own, but you found a really special place. I know you'll thrive there. Wishing you a wonderful new life. Coffee shops and claw-footed tubs--it really doesn't get any better than that.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement and hope! You guys are awesome!!

I can't believe in a month I will be leaving this place and venturing out on my own; in a way I'm sad to leave behind this place, it seems to symbolize the end to me and xabf's relationship forever.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you had such a lovely time, you sure deserve. God is wathcing over you right now, making things fall into place.

Sounds like a really cool place to live.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Some friends from a forum I've been on for years said after a breakup, its nice to travel because you really get to see how large this world is.

I'm glad your trip proved helpful, I plan on preparing another trip to LA or VEGAS soon myself!