Notices

My sister...

Old 06-16-2005, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My sister...

Hi,

I am new here and I hope im posting in the right forum. I have a Problem with my sister. I am 18 and she is 15 years old. I live in a great family with a lovely mom and I have a great dad. It just seems that my sister doesn't fit in that perfect picture. I feel like the family is losing her and I think some of her friends and her boyfriend contribute to that. She just had a really nice boyfriend for about six months, he didn't drink, did not smoke or anything. Now she startet cheating on him with some other 17 year old guy and she lies to her ex bf. I remember how her ex boyfriend always had swim meets on fridays and saturdays and how he told me, that he was worrying what she is doing at the weekends without him. Well she went out and still does with some friends from her (crappy) school. Some of them smoke weed, all of them drink and they are all between 14 and 16 years old. I dont think she drinks much but in my opinion she should not drink at all. She hat a kidney operation when she was little and i dont think that it is good for the development of her brain either. Now she is failing grade 9 and has to do one year more. I am just like "What is happening with that girl". She is so ungrateful to my parents even tho they make so many things possible for her. Sometimes when my mom cries because of her i just feel like I wish my sister died... Then on the other side I get mad at my mom for allowing my sister too much and not really having control over her and what she is doing. I really like the way it is in america, that (most) parents know where their kids are and what they do. Here in Germany they just have too much freedom. I give most credit for her behavior to her friends and herself. She is not a very smart girl, she believes what she wants instead of the truth, ignores facts and arguments...

I am just worried and want to do soemthing but I dont know what... Id like to explain my parents how things are and that a 15 year old girl should be kept from drnking alcohol... I would like to describe them the medical aspects and what alcohol even in small amounts does to a young girl and how unhealthy is. But I simply don't have the knowledge... I just want to convince them to to something and that things have to change.

i dont even know if im in the right forum...
Old 06-16-2005, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi Liste, don't worry about being in the right place. The best thing you could do for your sister is to show your parents what you wrote here. They will understand you are only trying tp protect your sister. 15 is too young to be fooling around with what you say. I'm sure if your parents read this they'll understamd and do the right thing.
Your sister is lucky to have you and she might resent this now but if you can get her to read some of the real life stories here of people whose lives were ruined because of weed and drinking she will hopefully understand you were doing what you thought best for her. Good luck and God bless.
Jack
Old 06-24-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shes just rude to my whole family and a disgrace... Its is starting to get bad with her drinking but ill let her do what she wants because i am sick of her.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow…you sounds like you’re a really AWESOME sister. Your sister is REALLY lucky to have you. Being fifteen is hard. Your sister definitely seems to be showing that she is headed down a bad road. She does not seem to be THAT far down it yet. Though I think you should get her help before she goes down that road. You don’t want her going down the road of alcoholism, especially when she already has a kidney problem. Talk to your parents about getting your sister more help. Also talk to them about being stricter with her and putting limitations on what she can do.