Coffee anyone?

Old 06-15-2005, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Coffee anyone?

Here I sit downing a gallon of coffee because my Dear AH believes I should get out of bed at 12:30am and entertain his drunk buddy's girlfriend. Of course I declined, but when they left at 1:30am he decided I needed to be informed of what a witch I was because I didn't run right out to the kitchen and entertain everyone, and he was only trying to be NICE after all!!

I have to admit I probably would have been a stunning hostess in my two sizes too big comfy sweats and bed head...

Anyone else have sleep issues??

Hugs all,
Paula
Old 06-15-2005, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Binge poster

I'm sitting here buzzing with coffee because my A insists on having the dogs in the bedroom. Last night the foxes were screeching in the garden and they were howling till 3. I have to get up at 6.
i did eventually get up and put them downstairs but I think I have to work on this boundary so that I know I will definitely get some sleep! I'm also proud to report that I didn't rise to the argument that was starting, I just got up and calmly took them downstairs, no discussion.
Aside from that there was something wrong with the bridge I cross so I ended up travelling for 3 hours before I got to work and my second, double strength cup of coffee.

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel Paula. I may fall asleep under my desk if they leave me alone long enough.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Bahookie--
Give me the number, I'll call and distract them so you can nap!
Old 06-15-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Binge poster

LOL there's too many of them!

clericals especially notice if you nod off. How is your day going?

J
Old 06-15-2005, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

now jane - i am a "clerical" (admin asst) and i would definitely turn my head the other way as long as you would do the same for me. i think they need to institute siestas worldwide!!! (working on my 3rd cup of coffee this am!)
Old 06-15-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Hmm then can you come and teach our clericals how to be gentle like you? Ours are like scary aunties!

Ps YAY for siestas! Can Antonio come?

Last edited by bahookie; 06-15-2005 at 06:59 AM. Reason: ps added
Old 06-15-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well we have some of those here too unfortunately!! (scary aunties that is)

yes Antonio would be welcome anytime! lol
Old 06-15-2005, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
This is NOT my first Rodeo

In my world, Antonio can only come if he's a hot cabana boy bringing me a drink with a little umbrella on it...

:e02b

TBK
Old 06-15-2005, 07:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Could have used your coffee the other morning. For daughter's graduation party we had a BBQ and bon-fire. Late that night one of our "guests" refused to hand over his keys and insisted on driving home with his teenage son, (who had also been drinking so couldn't drive). Three drunks trying to get the keys from one drunk. Esculated to yelling, cursing, teenage son, who's a big guy, sobbing uncontrollably from the pain of this continuing situation that he has lived with, getting pushed down and leg scraped. One of the guys ended up taking the guy home, he punched him in the face before getting out of the car, also punched a post (ended up with 2 broken fingers) The son ended up at another friends house. (alot more went on that I won't take the time to type) So, back by the bon-fire, now we can relax and who should come walking back, but the guy again. He'd forgotten cigarettes. Let's yell somemore. (How he walked there, I don't know! it's only about a mile but he was really drunk) My daughter took another guy home, I took two people home. Back at the fire, My two daughters and I, God what I put these two (plus my son) thru.....Happy Graduation party.......Why should this party be any different.......It was after 2 AM before I got to bed and then couldn't sleep but had to get up by 6. He played his stupid drunk tricks for her graduation too........God, the look of pain in her eyes............
Old 06-15-2005, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Sorry Starr...the disruption of every important occasion sucks doesn't it?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Bahookie~my day is going well. Drunk boy is still sleeping it off, the kiddies are gone to bible school and I am working on my second gallon of coffee--daydreaming about cabana boys who look like Mel and Antonio...

Paula
Old 06-15-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lord starr - how awful for your daughter - what a memory! luckily (but none-the-less hurtful) my ah didn't show for the graduation ceremony from nursing school.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hey beesknees - where did you get that picture of me in your avatar? lol
Old 06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

on my 4th cup!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Binge poster

well, I've asked around the department and I still have no takers for a travel buddy to thump me if I fall asleep driving.
Nearly home time, so I'm teetering dangerously on the needing the stimulation/needing the loo seesaw.

I wish you all a good, undisturbed and peaceful night's sleep.

I may have to sing - it's so bad it noone could sleep through it.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hee hee, sorry guys I had a really great sleep. Abf and I had an argument before bed, same one we always have, so he chose to sleep on the couch. Whole bed to myself, no complaints here.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

ok - now that's not fair except i won't pick on you since you're pregnant! glad you had the bed to yourself - probably was nice and quiet right?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This post kind of reminds me of our annual company trip to "The Olde Mill" restaurant next Thursday night. AH and I are going and of course almost everyone drinks. He never gets drunk, loud or belligerent but it's hard to not notice how fast he can down a beer and order another one right away. Since we aren't buying the beer why not drink as many as you can? After all, it's free. His way of thinking. I just ignore it and have a good time anyway. On a lighter note, I had a really good day today. I work for a real estate company and one of our sellers emailed me a list of stuff she is selling out of her fathers' house. I bought an antique dining room set that looks new (buffet, china cabinet, table and 6 chairs) and an almost new recliner for $250.00. I can hardly wait till Saturday to go pick them up.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Slept like a big mossy log! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
No dogs in the room, no foxes screeching, just a delicious long black sleep.

I'm a different person today.

Hope you all slept /are sleeping well.

J
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

paula a,the idea of a morning coffee thread is actually good. First thing I do is turn computer on,go get my coffee and read morning newspapers from across the UK and USA. By my second cup I am waking up. Maybe this morning coffee thread could carry on. Like the idea of seeing how everyone here is doing.
Know the thread started because your dear AH thought you should get up at 12:30AM and entertain his friends girlfriend. Which I thought was ridiculous. My husband hasn't tried that,but he has tried some other stunts that leave me cold. My husband leaves his drinking till weekends. He thinks that having a few pints is normal. Which for him,I guess it is normal. His family are big on going to the local pub and drinking a few pints. I am the one who is odd. I do not like drinking that much. I enjoy going for a long drive or going into London for a show on the West End.
All I came here was to say Good Morning all. I ended up typing a long message. Will end my chatting.