New Day!

Old 10-20-2002, 12:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

New Day!

Morning everyone!

We had a bonfire with a bunch of friends tonite and I have to tell you...I waited until the last day to get everything done! I used to sweat for weeks before we had something at our house but this time I only sweated for a day! I did all my cleaning and cooking today and do you know what? It still all got done.

My point?

I will be sleeping till noon....but by the time I wake up I want to hear what you all did for yourselves on Saturday.

It is FALL! The leaves are turning and the air is crisp...for alot of us. And the Christmas Shopping hasn't begun yet.

So what wonderful things did you all do???

JT
Old 10-20-2002, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi JT

Friday night and Saturday, the wonderful thing I did for me was that I did nothing. It rained, but it was that good sleeping rain, and just the excuse I needed to lolligag for a day. I slept in, I made myself a nice lunch and a nice dinner, I hung out on the boards here, I read, and I just plain relaxed.

My last few weekends have been busy and a little hectic, and next weekend my husband will be coming home again for a visit, so I treated me to a lazy lazy day.

Today the sun is shining, so I will go for a walk to a little market not far from here and buy a few groceries. And I am going to make some of my "Killer Chili" and take some over to my senior neighbour Eileen (the feisty nurse from WW2). She may be an old lady, but she LOVES my 'Killer Chili". She tell me that it gets her blood flowing and clears her sinuses. LOL.

Glad your bonfire was a hit. I love toasted marshmallows.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Hello!
I went to my Saturday morning Al Anon meeting. The topic was step 7 - and I realized that I needed to go back and do a more thorough 6 and 7 as I had sort of breezed past those and went on to step 8. Then I went to brkfast with a group of women from the meeting, and then spent 4 hours at the home of a new comer who is stuggling mightily in her newfound singlehood.

Came home, did some paperwork and watched a Mel Gibson movie. I cant think of a better way to end the day than with MEL GIBSON !!

Not a bad day at all. Thanks for asking!
Osier59
Old 10-21-2002, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

O,

I love a Sat morning meeting...my home group in my old town was Sat morning and I found out last week that there is a new Sat morn at the local Alano Club. I plan to be there! It is such a great beginning to the weekend!

JT