Dear mother:

Old 06-13-2005, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Dear mother:

I just wrote her a letter to tell her how I feel about her drinking. I know that she will cry....but I can't take it anymore. It's a reality check, her own children don't want to be around her and that's not helping her depression at all. I told her that I'm there to help her but she has to be the one to climb out of this hole she put herself in, to stop analysing about your past and that she has the rest of her life to live. I will not loss her to this disease...I will not bury her and sit at her funeral and wonder " what else could I have done ". I said that the reason why she doesn't watch my daughter that often is because of her drinking and driving with her in the car SHE IS NOT REPLACEABLE!!!!

My brother is going to the Al-anon meeting with me and I think that's great. I need the support and form the conversation we had this morning, so does he.

The loss of respect for her is what's doing it to me...it's killing me to think that way about her...but I've been told on this site that it's normal...I don't even know what a normal family is anymore.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

al-anon will definitely help. as for "normal" i don't think most of us knew/know what that was/is like. healthy is a better thing to strive for than normal. i'm glad your borther is going to go too.

hugs - chris
Old 06-13-2005, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Dear Stressed,

That letter will help you in your recovery. You've unloaded a heartfelt burden. Even if she chooses to continue on the same path, you're aware and smart enough to know that you can't continue living the same way. You're an amazing lady.

Alanon will be a big help for you and your brother. Please be open minded. Grab all the free literature and come back here. We'll help you through it like others have helped us.

Blessings
Old 06-13-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

I'm glad to hear you're going to go to Al-Anon. My guess is there's a seat waiting there for you (and your brother) with your name on it...

As for "normal"... I've heard it's just a setting on the washing machine. It's got something to do with agitation...?