Why does the toast always land....

Old 06-13-2005, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why does the toast always land....

...butter side down??

I'm frustrated!! ARGH!!!!! D rang and sounded awful, bad line plus him just not really saying anything - he sounded out of it (NOT drunk). He rang to try and tell me he'd told his boss why he's been going to the docs. That's a collosal mile stone HUGE, but I couldn't hear what he said about how his boss responded, partly because of the line partly D not speaking clearly.

We really didn't need a bad line just then! He had to go back in, he's said he'll try again later.

I hope it's natural for me to worry because I am. I'm not going to beat myself up for worrying.

Why the hell couldn't we just have had a clear line?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe it's so that he'll handle this bit on his own?

Massive step for him to take - you'll be there for him tonight. Hopefully he'll be able to take something from thinking this through himself.

I won't tell you not to worry. I will say that I know you can both handle this. After all, what's the alternative?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe it's so that he'll handle this bit on his own?
Okay - that just made me giggle. You hit a nail on the head, and you're right there's bog all alternative!!

I still flippin' want to know though! I can't really do a damn thing from here but I hate half information!

After about 5 minutes all I got from him was that he's told his boss about the depression, his boss is concerned (in a good way or a bad way???). I never did get to find out whether he feeling awful now or he told his boss how awful he felt and I think he said something about his arm twitching.... (but there was once I thought he wanted me to learn to bake cabbage when he was really suggesting we play cribbage!!).

I'm not good with frustrating conversations, I'm not good at waiting for info, I'm not good at switching off from still trying to figure out what the hell he was trying to say.

In short I think it might be a patience issue - but then I made it a drama to excuse the fact it drives me up the pole!

Apologies....
Old 06-13-2005, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

the toast always falls butter side down because the butter side is heavier thus it is propelled downward...

I have found that there is no way to have all the info ever in this life we live in...
Old 06-13-2005, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think we are only given as much information as we actually need. I find that if I go "digging" for more, I end up hearing/learning something that I don't like or didn't really want to hear. For whatever reason, you heard just as much as you needed. Time to let all the little details go!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Take a deep breathe....... okay, now keep repeating to yourself - "there is nothing you can do, you will find out all the info you need in a little bit".

Even if you did have all the information, is there anything you could do to control what was going on? I agree with you, I don't like having half of the info either. It is very frustrating.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

equus - that "quest for knowledge" again, eh?! hopefully he will discuss this with you in more detail, but like you said, the bit that you heard was amazing. as they say here in the states - "cool your jets"! lol
Old 06-13-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In short I think it might be a patience issue - but then I made it a drama to excuse the fact it drives me up the pole!
And it's embarrassing......

He rang back - newly charged handset!! All is well, he'd sounded so off because I was asking him to repeat things I hadn't heard and he hates that - it frustrates the hell out of him! The line also was a big part of it.

Something is changing deeply inside him. This is new territory but it has to be all good. I can't believe he's told his boss!! AND I'm very relieved the 'concerned' response was in a good way! As impatient as I might be, I would have accepted waiting years for changes like that. He just never fails to surprise me!