Decisiveness...Clarity...where are you?

Old 06-12-2005, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Decisiveness...Clarity...where are you?

With so many different answers out there, how does one know when they have made the right or wrong decision? It's so scary when it's a BIIIIG decision. And I can't go by "if it feels right it's right" because well, I'm a sickie and maybe what feels right at a time isn't actually right. Seems like every time I get my decisiveness, I hear something someone else says, such as at my meeting tonight, and I start questioning myself. And then I'll hear something else, and I'll be like, yeah, right - I did make the right decision. So when there's all these seemingly "right" answers out there that conflict with eachother.....then it's like....how do I know?! Auuugh! Then when I think that....it goes on further to I wonder if I'm making my own decisions or if I'm taking in too much from others, and then I just get even more confused! Does this even make sense to anyone what I am saying here...because right now the more I say or think the more I get confused so I'm feeling a little bit "unsure of my competence" right now so to speak. Doubting my sanity? ummm, yeah!

My decisiveness and clarity are on a wobbly pogo stick or something...and time's not going to stop for me to get my balance.

Actually I guess it's the CLARITY I am missing.....because with CLARITY....I could move on toward decisiveness. Without it, I feel like I'm just playing pin the tail on the donkey.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

What do you want? No doubt you want your life to make sence. From what I can remember you just recently broke off a relationship?

If you did you know it takes time to heal I am hoping that you will give yourself time and that you will be gentle with yourself. The answers that are right for you and your situation will come...
Old 06-12-2005, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I totally can relate cloudy! I guess when I get that way I give it to my HP to decide whats best for me. I just pray its the right thing. I'm wondering if I decide to move is the right thing or not; then when I think I know it is, I get tons of interviews here. Ugghhhh!! It's hard sometimes to know which way to go.

(((((((((cloudy)))))))))
Old 06-12-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

A decision made by someone else doesn't necessarily mean it would be good for you. Our situations are the same but different...know what I mean?

When mulling over an idea or a decision, pray about it first. Hand it over to your HP. The answer will come to you. As to being a sickie, we all are. But we're getting better together.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Step Eleven suggests that I pray "only for knowledge of (God's) will for (me) and the power to carry that out".

To me, this means that I ask HP what He/She/It would have me do in a given situation and the strength to follow through on that information once it presents itself.

It's like the other end of the 3rd Step, where I turn my will (thoughts) and life (actions) over to the God of my understanding. When my faith is intact (see Step Two), Step Three is easy and Step Eleven follows.

Step Twelve suggests that I "practice these principles in all (my) affairs", and that's how I do it!
Old 06-13-2005, 12:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cloudy, I believe that we can never make a wrong decision. It is only with hindsight that we learn that another course of action may have been better. The point is that we learn by every action we take. If we don't learn, then we keep repeating the same experience until we do learn.

Listen to your gut feeling - that's your HP talking. It's hard to get a break from all the clutter in your mind but it's the only way you'll hear.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys, I woke up this morning and read Courage to Change for today and here's what it says: (well I added some thoughts in it)

In Step Eleven I seek to improve my conscious contact with God through prayer and meditation. How I do this is comletely up to me. Perhaps I become more conscious of a Higher Power when I look for signs of guidance in the people around me (ack!) or in the events and unexplained coincidences of my life. Or perhaps I seek this Power further away from the world of logic and reason. I might look for answers through my feelings, (feelings want to go home) or my instincts, (instincts say do what did get what go) or my dreams (dreams are back home, hugging happy..then I wake up and it sucks). Maybe I pursue a more traditional spiritual path. Or I can decide to keep myself open to all of these possibilities. Whatever path I choose, I know I must keep trying as often as I can to follow the course offered to me by my Higher Power. Only in this way can I be confident of my actions. (OK God, give me a neon sign - please...!) only in this way can I find the courage to change.

Today's Reminder: I will take time to clear my mind (how? I take walks, I sit and stare at the trees, the forest, all that...what else? It's like a thousand things at once in there, or nothing at all just staring) There seems to be a limited amount of space in my mind until I do ( you can say that again, until I do, how do I do can't seem to clear it out) But when I clear this clutter away (when being key) the space becomes limitless and the guidance I am truly willing to accept comes through. (Sometimes...lotta times, I think please I need a blatent sign, a neon, flashing, sign...).

Quote from The Dilemma of the Alcoholic Marriage, "The spiritual exercise suggested by the Eleventh Step is a powerful force for good in our lives. Let me not ever think I have no time for it." (I've got the time, just need to do it right somehow)

ok....back to where it says...Only in this way can I be confident of my actions. Only in this way can I find the courage to change. That part, I will be back tonight to type more. I have to go to work though.

thanks again for all the replies I woke up to this morning. If you pray, would you say one for me that I will be able to clear my thoughts and be open to some blatent guidance, or at least hear/see it to where I can be confident of my actions,
((thank you))
Cloudy
Old 06-13-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((cloudy )) sorry i didn't respond - it's been a whirlwind at work again. nothing to add - just wanted you to know that again, i feel a lot like you do!

your sickie sister in columbus - chris