Notices

Goodbye and thank you for everything

Old 06-12-2005, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goodbye and thank you for everything

It is with much regret I,m saying goodbye but I could not go with out saying thank you to you all........................
Its been 6 months since I found this wonderful site but to my shame I am really no better today than I was then .............
I really feel until I can get the help I so clearly need such as going to AA there is no point coming here and not taken advice given to me...........
From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for the friendship and help you have given me ,I will come on from time to time to see how your all doing i wish you all love strengh and happiness xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlove Lulu
Old 06-12-2005, 03:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Lulu)))
I understand how you are feeling right now. But, please understand this.
Our program of recovery is one of progress not perfection.
It is one step at a time.
In other words, you don't have to be perfect in your program to be part of our wonderful family here at SR. Here, we get to know each other; to care about each other. It is a loss to the whole when one of us leaves. We never know who we help when we post. The newcomer offers as much, if not more, as the old timer. You help many remember why they can't drink or use anymore. In short, you are a life saver.
Don't leave because you're not perfect.
None of us are!
As they say, don't leave before the miracle happens!
Stick around. You are wanted.
Shalom!
Old 06-12-2005, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well...

if all the still struggloing embers left...who would be here to support and care about? You help me stay sober. You are more needed here than I.

Relax Lulu...there is no reason to leave. Heck...I do not always take my own advice! Why should you?

Something will click one day..keep trying.

Blessings...
Old 06-12-2005, 04:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lulu, you mention shame ... and there is no reason for that.

You have a disease, and so far actions that will put it in remission have not helped. So?

If you had cancer, and after a few months treatment regimin it had not gone into remission, would you feel shame? Of course not. Same with the disease you have.

Hang around. This board, like AA, doesn't seem too interested in shooting it's wounded.

BubbaBob
Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

(((Lulu))) wish I could give you a big hug, I've read so many of your posts, they've made me smile, you have so much to give.

What everyone has said to you is so true...we have a disease, and it's something we have to keep working at till one day something clicks in our heads, you never know when that day will come, it might be today for all you know. Running away isn't your answer, that's for sure, ask me, I know, I've been doing that all my life, only to keep me at square one. You're needed here, you help so many, and you are learning even if you're not aware of it.

A bit about my story, I totally understand how you feel, it's almost two years since I came to SR, I felt exactly like you do, I thought what is the point, I can't get this right as hard as I try, I don't belong here...well GIRL you do belong here, as I was told so many times. Everyone is at different stages, my heart hurts for you right now, we all understand Lulu, so please stay. I am sober today, and it's from making myself go back to AA, yes making myself go, I still find it a bit hard, so emotional at the moment, it's driving me nutso..waaa. I know I can't do it alone, also letting your HP in works wonders, LET GO Lulu, it's easy, if I can do it anyone can.. you need to keep plugged in all the time, right now it's a chore for me, I constantly have to remind myself, and when I do I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders.

Hang in here with us Lulu, go easy on yourself, and lose the shame thing, that just drags us down more....you know I don't want to ever feel that way again, it gets worse the older we get, I'm an old hen now, scratching at the ground...hehe. Anyway stay with us ok...no one ever ever judges here, we all understand.

Lots of love, extra hugs and prayers going out to you....Denise

Old 06-12-2005, 04:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lulu,

I am sorry you feel you should leave. I really hope that you will reconsider. For many of us, including me, it took a long time to really get it, a long time of struggling. We are here to offer you support and I hope you will stay.

Love,Anna
Old 06-12-2005, 05:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

lulu i really hope you can reconsider. i believe you are and can be a great help here! You dont have to be only at SR or only in AA. try AA and we'll be here to support you to. teach is right. the newcomer is the most important person in the room/forum. we try to help them... and in turn we learn alot about ourselves. also we learn that its no different "out there" then it was when we came into the program. i'm here to help dont leave us so soon! stick around. like they said above. dont leave until a miracle happends.!!! i havent completely got my miracle so i wont leave either! i'm a newbie too. lets stick together!!

Heidi
Old 06-12-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Oh LuLu...don't go....
Old 06-12-2005, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

LULU,

Please, reconsider. As everyone else said, you are loved and needed here.

One of the beautiful things about this site is you don't have to be a member of any particular group to belong here. We all fit in here. We all relate here.

Read my posts, on any given day, I am no better than I was a year ago when I found SR. We are human. Someone already said it, it is about progress, not perfection.

Please stay.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lulu,
If everyone here left who wasn't perfect in recovery--we would hav NO ONE posting on these boards.
Keep coming back and listening. Something may finally click. Many--no most of us struggled for a LONG time before we really started recovery seriously.
Give it a chance.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

lulu, i am new here and don't know you. I just want to say, I am on 8 days sober. It is a very fragile time, I know. It's the longest in 2 years. It took me many times quite a rollercoaster ride. I am far from perfect. But I never gave up on me. Don't give up on you. You need all the support you can get, and these wonderful people can be one great source for that. I wish you the best.

Act as if God were standing next to you... he is you know.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

LuLu- We all have our own path's to follow on the recovery road.Please stay and share your's with us.We need you.

Bless,Trish
Old 06-12-2005, 06:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

To lulu, from lulu--There is no shame in trying. As others have said, we strive for progress, not perfection. And besides, you are needed here just as you are! Struggles are a natural part of life. Please don't go.

Hugs--
Old 06-12-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

please stay!!!!!!
hugs, hugs, and more hugs, Wendy.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chy

luluabel!
Now deary, one question. Is SR part of your recovery despite the ups and downs? Okay then, your not going anywhere, something, someone, someday will say the right thing that clicks for you. That's how it works. *hugs*
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Lulabel, I've tried the same thing, but removing parts of your recovery system is not the way to find more recovery. I've been here almost 3 1/2 years and the vast majority of that time was an active user. It has only been recently that I have found the strenght within to stay sober for any lenghth time. Have you tried any other recovery programs other than AA. Here is a link for some that might help http://rrci.net/recovery_spectrum.htm If AA is not working or even if it is just something that doesn't sit right with you there are other options other than just giving up. Stick around, even if you're not posting, you can always just lurk. I did that for a long time. Take care and good luck to you on your journey.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luluabel
It is with much regret I,m saying goodbye but I could not go with out saying thank you to you all........................
Its been 6 months since I found this wonderful site but to my shame I am really no better today than I was then .............
I really feel until I can get the help I so clearly need such as going to AA there is no point coming here and not taken advice given to me...........
From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for the friendship and help you have given me ,I will come on from time to time to see how your all doing i wish you all love strengh and happiness xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlove Lulu
((((((((Lulabel)))))))))

Regret, or no regret, I appreciate and value your decision one way or the other. Face to face might just be the right option for you. I know it has been for me. These online additions to my recovery are good so far as they go, but not quite the same as looking directly in the eyes of other alcoholics at the f2f meetings I attend. A far cry from seeing my sponsor in the real world instead of this virtual one. My sponsor suggests not letting this forum take away from any of my real AA commitments or service work in AA or to community.

Please drop in here at SR as often as you want and can. Please let us know how you are doing. If it begins to rain too hard out there on the paved streets, come back in under this umbrella and kick your shoes off.

Checking us out is one thing, but please remember that many of us here do really care about you as well. Checking up on us is one thing, but letting us in on whats really happening with you is even better. Please don't shut us out from the wonderful growth you are sure to begin experiencing living in the reality of the wonderful world right outside your front door.

(((((((((Lulubel))))))))))
Kiss Heart of Spirit
In Love & Service,

3 Legacy
Old 06-15-2005, 07:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((((((((to you all))))))))many many thanks for your kind words and encouragement and really I can only say one thing to you all

I MISSED YOU GUYS CAN I COME BACk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can guess I've been feeling pretty low and very frustrated but I need you guys
you may as well let me back I'll only skulk around anyway lol ...............SR is a big part of my recovery and I'm realiseing and discovering things about myself all the time but sometimes it can be painful and sometimes running away seems like a good idea .........but its not ................
Thank you for your warmth and friendship which has truelly brought tears to my eyes for sometimes for me being an alcoholic makes me the lonlyest person in the world...... coming here makes me realise i'm not love Lulu xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-15-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

glad you decided to stay here!
Old 06-15-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

yeah Lulu!!!!!!!