Notices

Hi all

Old 06-11-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all

Hi newbie here. well, I had a big long post, and somehow it all got deleted. dang the luck. well, I am brand new. I am 1 full week off of about 12 10/325's a day. It was hard as heck. I am so proud that i did it. I know it won't always be easy, but God I feel so much better. Sober is so much better than numb. Why did I ever do that? Well, I will submit a long post later, my other one was maybe too long, lol, that is why it told me I was not logged in after all that time. I am glad to be here. I bet there are some folks here from my old board. I stay away from that one for now, as it talks too much about where to get stuff I don't need! Alot of denial there too I would say. Anywho, whatever, that is their's to deal with, not mine. I am working on my wholeness again. 7 days clean, wow, this is incredible. I am so blessed.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Welcome Namaste!!!!
I love Sr!!!
A place I call home. Full of wonderful, caring people who share their experience strength, and hope.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Way to go on 7 days!!! Guess what? It gets even better
Keep coming back!!!
hugs & hugs, Wendy
Old 06-11-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Welcome, Namaste! Glad you are here. Congratulations on your accumulated clean time. My name is Laura and I am a gratefully recovering alkie/pothead. SR has been a wonderful, added support for my recovery. I also attend f2f AA meetings, have a sponsor, and work the 12 steps. Do you have any f2f support? IMHO--we addicts need the support of other people who are going through the same things we are.

Anyway--make yourself at home, keep posting, and let us get to know you. Glad you found us!

Hugs--
Old 06-11-2005, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Wecome to SR.

The greatest people in the world are right here to support you in your quest to be free.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

Hi namaste.....welcome to SoberRecovery....yepper you've been blessed. You had me laughing about your long post, that's happened to me a few times too, I figured it's cause I ramble on to much at times, hehe.

Huge congrats on your sober time...ain't it great. Wishing you all the best on your journey to sobriety.

Old 06-11-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome to SR! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I know I came to the right place.
Yeah, I had this long story, then, poof, it vanished! oh well. (couldn't be me, could it? naaaaaa ) This place feels great. Warm. Happy, positive. I am so happy after finishing up this day. Tomorrow is looking even brighter. Surprisingly very little desire to take those nasty little yellow things... just really kinda diggin life through sober and non numbed out eyes. My heart is in this. I am feeling wholeness again, a wonderful thing. I am getting excited about things again. Wow. I might actually,um, have FEELINGS!!!!!! LOL 2 years of numbness can do that to ya. sorry! Well, I am just happy to be recovering. I look forward to getting to know you all better. I like this board because it is about what I am 'up to'. I am staying here for a while! Clean, wow, tomorrow is 8 days. unbelievable. the worst is over, at least of the physical. Now I need some energy. I am going back to the gym, after the week I took off. Going to load my fridge with healthy foods. I am getting back to who I used to be and then some! AIGHT!!!!!!! woohoooooooooo
Old 06-12-2005, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 8 almost out, and I feel good, good, good! Went to the gym after my week off. That was nice. Sweat out the rest of it. How did I live on that stuff?
Old 06-12-2005, 03:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

Hi namaste ....keep up the awesome sober job.

Yep it does feel GOOD GOOD GOOD doesn't it...doing the Sober Happy Dance right along with you...yippppeeee

You have us all smiling--->

Lots of love and hugs....Denise

Old 06-12-2005, 03:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Namaste,

You sound good. Glad to have you here! I know, it does feel good to get off whatever crap we are one and start healing. Been feeling pretty good myself lately...

Welcome and good to have you here on SR!

Daniel
Old 06-13-2005, 04:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome namasté,
Glad you found us a more loving family than SR I have yet to meet. Looking forward to your future posts.

indigo
Old 06-13-2005, 04:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Just wanted to add my welcome too.

I'm glad you're here!

Richard
Old 06-13-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all! Today is day 9! Day 9!!!!!!! Life is GOOD!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, I surprised myself and Ran on the treamill today for 20 min. Now I was working out all during my time of using hydro, but it was minimal, and lame! I am outta shape! So I got on there and Ran, and it felt SO GOOD! Wow. Working out all those kinks, sweating out all those toxins.
TODAY is the end of the 9th day for me. Thank you God!!!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 04:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Exercise has helped me so much in my recovery.

When I first stopped drinking, I was lucky if I could make it jogging a half mile.

Now I'm on the treadmill jogging for an hour at a time and sometimes even more. It has done wonders for me.

And good for you! Keep up the work, it pays off.

Richard
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

I always thought treadmills were to hold clothes? hehe.

(((Namaste))), I love your enthusiasum, it's catchy, keep up the awesome sober job.

I agree with Richard, and way ta go Richard, keep on running and getting stronger. It helped in my recovery too, until I slid back and made a mess of my life again. Not today I'm back again, and walking several times every day...dragging my dog with me. Dusting off my piece of exercise equipment that's leaning against the wall in this room...hey guess what it has some clothes hanging off it, lol, that needs to be ironed..yep more exercise.

Keep us updated, I love being able to watch you grow every day. I'm thanking God with you namaste.

Hugs, keep on rocking.......Denise

Old 06-16-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

awww. wingsfreed, what a nice post. I am LOL at your clothes comment, I think many a peice of exercise equipment was purchased with good intentions only to become an expensive clothes hanger. I don't kid myself that I will workout at home, i have to go to a gym. I have done so well, I actually went twice yesterday. If I am going to trade one addiction for another, I would rather it be exercise! Richard, when I get up to running an hour, I will let you know. haha. got any remedies for shin splints, besides stretching? man I get those BAD! Hey, I will just run through them. It is DAY 12!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I am so excited. day 12 of a hydro free life. I feel so good, and so blessed. It is really incredible to see the real me emerging again. Life really is good.
Much Love,
namaste
Old 06-16-2005, 06:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

congrats namaste, you are a inspiration to me, i am on day 5 and i feel pretty good. keep up the good work and your going to do well.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

well, I just keep posting my progress. Hope no one minds. I am just counting, the span of time between the last time I popped a pill and now gets wider and wider with every moment. allelujia!!! I got thru day 14! It has been 2 weeks. OMG!!!!!! I am beginning to feel like a new person. Anyone who is struggling with this, I promise, you can do it. You DO have the strength inside you, and you are more powerFUL than you know!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 06:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Congrats on two weeks! It's amazing how much better you feel as the days add up!

And unfortuntately, I'm not sure what helps with shin splints. I think I used to have them but they don't bother me anymore.

Richard