TGIF- I have had a good week after all!!

Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

TGIF- I have had a good week after all!!

Well, it is Friday night and here I am. Actually there is no place I would rather be or I would be there. (HEHE)

It started out cr@p$y. Tuesday morning AH said "Have dinner ready at 5:00 to 5:30 and we would talke about his rehab program. He even had literature for the program. Well, many many hours later he showed up drunk and abusive. He left- thank God.

Wedsday, I went to the counselor and he told me to watch out for the next step. The next step was for AH to become really mean. He has explained to me that not only do I have an AH, I also have a sober abusive husband. When the abusive person realizes they are losing control they can not handle it - or so the counselor told me.

Thursday morning AH came over and was sober but was screaming and yelling like crazy. However, this time I was prepared thanks to the counselor. Then later I went to a good (first one with this group) Alanon meeting the counselor told me about. It is about 20 miles away but they are a great group and I look forward to a good realationship. The drive is not so bad as it is a very pretty drive.

Friday- it is a month!!! 4 whole weeks I have not had to leave or be abused. AH has been gone now for 4 weeks.
I took the day off from the farm and cow thing and played with the horses. The horses were "It,s about time - where have you been?"" The boys got a bath and a shave. I must say they look really handsome!!! I had so much fun!!!!

Tonight, it is quiet and peaceful. Yes, I am all by myself but I would not change a thing!!! I finding out I am a very peaceful person.

Thank you all for all the help and direction you have given me. I just hope I can stay strong!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Evening Hummingbird:

I'm glad you've had a good week. You certainly deserve it. Sounds like you've found a fine counselor and a great Alanon group. There is just one more thing to do to make it a perfect night--slip into your favorite granny-style nightgown. Now make it a pretty one--think "granny glam."

Sweet dreams.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Awwwww!! That's so wonderful to hear! YEAH for YOU!!! :great You really deserve to live this way everyday of your life!! :sh

It must be so nice to live on a farm with horses. I used to have a horse growing up..
Old 06-10-2005, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I will think Granny, Granny all the way!!! Good grief, I am a Granny what am I thinking! However, I am a really cool Granny, who just likes big old roomy nightgowns.

I think it comes from spending the night at my grandmother's house with little notice and she would put me in one of her giant granny nightgowns. We were twins and I felt so loved!

HeHe- I am still smiling!!!

Thanks so much everyone. I would never had made with all of you!! Thanks!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I think it comes from spending the night at my grandmother's house with little notice and she would put me in one of her giant granny nightgowns. We were twins and I felt so loved!
I can see then why you love wrapping yourself in a "giant granny." How about slipping a lavendar sachet in your nightgown drawer so that when you slip into your favorite, soft, giant granny, that it smells lovely, too. It's time to start treating yourself like the special lady you are. What do you say?
Old 06-11-2005, 05:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hummingbird - i'll bet those horses enjoyed your company! good for you and.....

go granny, go granny, go, go, go!
Old 06-12-2005, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Hi Hummingbird - you're doing some really positive things to find peace of mind for yourself. Good for you.

I also found a great Alanon group that is a lifesaver for me.

Love and blessings.

Robin