Need to get it out....

Old 06-10-2005, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to get it out....

My mom got me really worried about my dad today. As some of you know, my dad is also an A and has been my entire life. He's a daily drinker, rarely ever goes a day without. He's also a chain smoker and workaholic on top of it. So anyway, today my mom comes in and says he hasn't been feeling very well for a couple of weeks. He hasn't been able to sleep properly for a long time and she thinks part of his nose is collapsing. She said he's been really quiet the last few days and seems really drained. The scary part is that she asked him if he wanted to go to the doctor for a full check up and he said yes! My dad never goes to the doctor, he'd fight that till the bitter end. I think he doesn't go because he knows they'll tell him his habits have to stop and he knows he can't stop. If he's agreeing to go, he knows something isn't right.

I'm really scared for him.... his lifestyle puts him at risk for so many problems. He's only 50 yrs old right now. Please help me pray that he's okay. I'm really scared of losing him. His Dr. apt. is next Friday since it's impossible to get into a doctor here.

P.S. I will personally kick his butt if he bails on his appointment. I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My prayers for your Dad and all of you.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Count me in on the prayers for ya!
Old 06-10-2005, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

aquiana - prayers that your dad keeps his appt. and follows drs. orders!!