Notices

Living in recovery!!One day at a time/Dealing with relapse!!

Old 06-10-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living in recovery!!One day at a time/Dealing with relapse!!

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]

I,m very grateful for finding this site, I am new to recovery I recieved my 30 days of sobriety just recently from my local NA group, and 2 days ago my husband went into the hospital for his 6th back surgery, and has also had 3 neck surgery's in the past 2 yrs Just the other day i used, The same night I attended a NA meeting, under major Stress and being away from my Old man while hes in the Hospital I broke down, like a idiot. I have since asked God for forgiveness and have now ruined my 30 days of sobriety, but i relize I am a addict and its a one day at a time process, I did learn from this relapse and feel good to be alive, and I feel stronger and wiser today, and asked GOD to keep me strong through my sorrow and depression, and to fight further temptations. In the future I will call someone when I have the desire to use, I actually cried, and did,nt even enjoy myself, it was a learning experience, and I,m just happy to be alive. God bless all of you whom have the urge to use, just please DON'T DO IT!!! ITS NOT ALL THAT, i AM HAPPY TO BE IN RECOVERY , AND i MADE A BIG MISTAKE .
Old 06-10-2005, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Opiate_addictsu
[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]

I have since asked God for forgiveness and have now ruined my 30 days of sobriety, but i relize I am a addict and its a one day at a time process, I did learn from this relapse and feel good to be alive, and I feel stronger and wiser today, and asked GOD to keep me strong through my sorrow and depression, and to fight further temptations. In the future I will call someone when I have the desire to use, I actually cried, and did,nt even enjoy myself, it was a learning experience, and I,m just happy to be alive. God bless all of you whom have the urge to use, just please DON'T DO IT!!! ITS NOT ALL THAT, i AM HAPPY TO BE IN RECOVERY , AND i MADE A BIG MISTAKE .
You did not ruin your thirty days, you used. As you said you learned from your mistake and that is important. Recovery is a process, oftentimes we slip, fall down, and have to drag ourselves up again. Nobody can take your 30 days from you, not even you! They are an accomplishment you should be proud of. You made a mistake, learned from it, and are now back on track. Part of the process my friend, all part of the process. I'm not saying that you have to relapse to have recovery, but most of us do, especially early on. You may have to pick up a white tag now, but you still have that 30 day one too. There is a reason they don't make you turn it in when you slip. You earned it. Be proud and welcome back.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to have friends in recovery!!

Thank you Tyler for your insight, I guess I just feel quilty for what i have done, but u are right, most definitely, Thank you, I am glad to be sober for today, Peace back at cha brother!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome! Those guilties really get ya, but you must move on. Your clean and sober today and that's all each of us really have, today! Keep posting!

..ps, fixed your signature for ya, let me know if it's not what you intended.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

your right it is a learning experience.you learned that it dont feel like it used to when you used,and thats important to know.it took me quite a few of those times to get it through to me but it did.so now when i get a craving i immediatelr remember that last time when it didnt fell like it used to and i think yep theres no point in using.it aint the same.
love love love