Notices

Passing the word and I'm pissed

Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Passing the word and I'm pissed

My husband went to our bank today, there was an automatic withdrawal that we didn't authorize. After some digging there was almost $500 taken out. The fight begins, the bank told us that it was our problem and they won't give us our money back. On the phone I go and this is going to be a process. Have to file with the better business bureau and the OTS which regulates the FSB banks. Long story short, if you find something in your account that has CDN or Corporate Development Network, first thing is to close the account. Even though the company says they will cancel, after a month or so they start taking your money again. They also get you with long distance calls with companies that have strange names, and they have a virus that will have your computer make calls that are very costly. They say they are affiliated with american express.
This has cost us so much in overdraft charges from checks bouncing and the money they seem to think they have a right to take. I'm fuming!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Thank you for that "heads up". How did they get access to the account? Did you have a computer virus that got the account number--or did you do some kind of biz with these pigs? I'm scared of this high tech stuff--and checking account is always a concern. Can you fill me in a little more? Blessings, Queenshenique
Old 06-09-2005, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I never keep personal info on the computer and I have no idea how they got infro about us. Its scary. This is the site where I got the info that I have so far. www.bogusoperation.com When I get more on these snakes, I will pass it on.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Thank you so much for being open and looking out for others. Even though we in recovery have been restored to sanity--the world is still crazy. Please let us know how things proceed and when you get resolution. And also how you are coping spiritually during a difficult time. Push up! Your rule! Blessings, Queenshenique
Old 06-09-2005, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Also, check out www.ripoffreport.com - there is all kinds of info on them here too.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am not sure if I should post this here, but I want to reach out and help.

If your having online problems of any sort you can get assistance or info from http://www.wiredsafety.org its a volunteer run organisation committed to making the net a safer place for us all, especially our kids. There is advice on all online subjects and people you can talk to confidentially

hope this is helpful.

nogard