My bad day....

Old 06-07-2005, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My bad day....

Hi

Ok this is my bad day.....
A friend of mine decided that I needed to get away from it all especially after all the recent events. He arranged for a group of us to go to Europe!! I was so so excited. I bought a new suitcase, got packed and all ready to go this morning etc but hey guess what?.... I couldnt find my passport.

To cut a long story short they got the plane this morning and I am here alone once again. I feel horrid. I so needed to just get away, he knew I couldnt afford it so he paid!

My new shoes I ordered off the internet arrived this afternoon and they are too small. I know its only a little thing but it just added to my crap day.
Just when things begin to look up they go wrong!

Oh well. Just thought Id vent

Katie!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*hugs*

Been there on the bad day issue. I know it will get better, try the writing down all your blessings thing. Its helping with my bad day
Old 06-07-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

((((Katie))))

I'm sorry, but better things have got to come along. Thats what I keep telling myself.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry,
It just wasn't meant to be. Do something you wouldn't have done (if you were gone) that you've always wanted to do. Maybe that will help.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

katie - i too believe that things happen for a reason and it just wasn't meant for you to go this time. i agree with admitit - do something fun for yourself!
Old 06-07-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Usually happens that I'm late leaving for an appointment. And of course, I drive like an idiot and maybe a little close to the speed limit. And don't you know, I'd usually get behind someone that's doing 20 below the limit. You know the kind...the little head just barely showing above the steering wheel. It happened twice in several days. I was pi$$ed. Big time. Anyway, the first time, according to my calculations, I missed getting tagged by radar and the second time, and I consider this a big "sign", I missed a multi car pile up.

Losing your passport was part of a plan. You may not see the results immediately, but you will.

Take that time and cruise around the state. Get some sun and an ice cream cone.

Hugs
Old 06-07-2005, 01:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I like your response Gelfling... it's about about a change in perspective. All things do happen for a reason, and though we may not see it right now, eventually it will make sense. I like the bit about getting behind someone going slow! I used to get so mad too, and end up driving like a raving lunatic. Now I see it as God's way of telling me "Slow down! Danger ahead!"... danger can either be a speeding ticket, an accident, a missed turn/exit, or a missed opportunity to sit back and be peaceful! I especially like the last "danger"... I find that I get myself so worked up and over anxious when I'm trying to "force" things (force conversations, resolutions, spending time with my husband, etc). When I relax and let things happen, I have much more peace and happiness.

Also, I don't beat myself up over "what ifs" (like what if I had gotten the passport out earlier, what if I had not over slept, what if I hadn't been speeding) because it does me no good. The choice was made (whether I realized it or not!) and all I can do is accept the outcome. Again, all things for a reason. I look back over life and I see that I've made some pretty "bad" choices... that led me down some of the most incredible journeys!

I hope your day gets better Katie... I hope you get to see some beautiful flowers and maybe enjoy a breathtaking sunset!