Yes, I am bragging, again

Old 06-06-2005, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yes, I am bragging, again

but only because I am really proud of myself and hopefully this will show someone else that they can do it too. Today I mailed off a check to my credit card company to pay off my credit card. I am now officially out of debt (other than my regular monthly living expenses of course)!!! And it feels great. This is the first time since I moved in with my exhusband in 1996 that I have had a zero balance on my credit cards and I actually have some money in the bank. During my marriage I was up to my eyeballs in debt because there was always something my exhusband "needed" (jet ski, new truck, flowmasters for new truck, etc. etc.) and there was no savings. Then I moved in with exABF and even though we had seperate accounts I was always "helping" him out. Big mistake - that is $7000+ I will never see again. Yes, that bugs me but live and learn. If I let it get to me it would drive me crazy. I was very afraid of being able to make it on my own but here I am with my own house, car that is paid for and a little bit extra for some fun and some for savings. It feels good. I really can do it all on my own. I hate the say this stuff because I'm afraid I will jinx myself - I'll go home and find the roof of my house caved in or I'll get a letter saying my company is going out of business - but too late I already said it!!!! I had an appointment with my counselor today and that went very well. I am really moving on with my life. I still miss my exABF and I still think about him and yes I even still love him. But I have really closed that chapter of my life. I now know I will never get back together with him. That is a very good feeling. And my counselor said he really thinks I have made progress and he really doesn't think I would ever let myself get back into that type of situation again. I don't need to put myself or my son through that again. Okay, now I'm rambling. I hope this helps someone who reads it to realize that they can do it all on their own - if that's what they want!!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Old 06-06-2005, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ahhh - what a wonderful feeling that must be! congrats on your perseverence!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is great benefits

I for one am very glad to read these kind of posts, it makes me smile knowing someone else made it through and is doing so good, you sound wonderful, I can feel your happiness through your post.

A big congrats to you
Old 06-07-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Enjoy the feeling of freedom. You earned it.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If feels great .... don't it?

Enjoy this moment. and I wish for you there are many more!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Woooohooo....

Congrads To You Sweets!