Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Old 06-05-2005, 12:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yeah Yeah it's me again

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

ITs me again!!! I couldnt deal with the emotional aspeck of it all and this book I got today has been no helpm it could be due to the fact that it was publiched in 1985!! My husband acts like he understands but makes me feel as if this isnt a big deal. I dont want to walk around knowing I have a mental imparment that will be with me forever, I will only learn to cope with it. I can do that, dont get me wrong. But I am sad to say that pressure and pain got too much so I poped open a beer. Im not a drinker, I never have been. I swore to myself a long time ago that my children wouldnt go through what I went through as a child. BUt here I sit wiith a miller lite in front of me, and effects starting already. I guess Im a hypacrit. You have all been great though, for replying back to my posts and what not, I feel like I fit in somewhere, finally!
Old 06-05-2005, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I don't have a mental impairment. I am fully functioning...in fact far more functional than many who have not been where I have been. And I do far more than simply cope. With the help of 12 step meetings I have more peace today than I ever could have dreamed possible. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life...who hasn't. I have learned not to repeat them. I have learned to not act in ways that cause me regret and I have put to rest my anger at my parents. That did not act to hurt me on purpose...they did the they knew because they had parents too who were flawed. That is the reason they call it a family disease.

It was a difficult thing for me to accept in the beginning, too, but by accepting it I was a able to address it. Being an ACOA has turned into a gift, Without that I would not be where I am today.

Hugs,
JT