Notices

tryin' is good...doin' is even better!!

Old 05-30-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

tryin' is good...doin' is even better!!

i never thought you would get to this day and gone so far in getting clean. i guess that came from the first time you went to rehab, after that i lost confidence but you've proved me wrong. for the first time in my life i'm glad to be proved wrong ---but you need to give yourself lotsa time and have lotsa patience and everything will come together...i know it will. my god look how far you've come in just a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hang in there wendy....it will all come together if you keep workin at it

I was talking to my Mom today...copied and pasted her words to me today...it';s her 58th birthday...i didn't even know how old she would be today...was kind of surprised. Where has the time gone?? Like i could forget....I am clean and sober today...and i refuse to pick up that first drink/drug today. I don't care what crosses my path!!!
i tried to quit..i tried to control drinking and drugging, nothing worked. I had to give up trying and just friggin' do it!!! My life has gotten better, if your trying my friends,,,,just do it!! Action, action, action. My new mantra. Not I think i can but,,,i can!!!!
Mom's words at the end of our conversation:

i wish you a good one and i love ya to pieces and miss ya even more. wish you were here today!

I miss my mom!!!!

The promises do come true...when i thought i'd lost those who meant the most to me....i took hold of sobriety with everything i have in my heart...before i completely lost myself. I will not let go!!!
\\// Wendy
Old 05-30-2005, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Wow...
Thanks Wendy.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

wantneeda, I have tears in my eyes reading what your mom told you. That is beautiful and only possible because of your sobriety. We are so blessed to be in recovery. The promises really do come true.

wantneeda, I am holding on tight right along with you.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Reading that makes me want to share the Birthday Card my Mom gave to me for my 44th Birthday. It meant so very much to be able to read these words and know she meant each and everyone of them.

I think of you and feel so proud
of how you live your life,
for I can see how beautifully you've grown...

I've watched you as you've taken
all the lessons life has brought
and made them into something all your own...

You're strong and smart and caring,
you're uniquely your own person ~
unlike anyone the world has known before...

That's why I love to celebrate
the daughter that you are to me
and why, with every year, I love you more and more!

Awwww...isn't that touching? I'm glad I've taken the opportunity to get and remain sober. Words couldn't have better meaning than these.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

That truly is beautiful 2dayzmuse...thank you for sharing it! yes i agree, words do have more meaning these days,,,wether i'm saying them or hearing them. God bless recovery!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All touching sentiments. I really like "nothin changes if nothin changes". As a recovering alcoholic, I feel like I'm always morphing into something different every week. Thank you for sharing.
Val